Early Hopes for 2021 Draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Early Hopes for 2021 Draft

I am expecting the Fins pick to be in the 10-15 area and Houston's to be in the 15-20 area(hopefully lower of course).

It is impossible right now to project who will be there and who we would want.

The Top 5 guys seem obvious right not, but recent history tells us that will change drastically too.

We can project the positions we will want to address, and WR/RB and possibly OT should be the offensive areas.

Defense is pretty obvious,a legit pass rusher.After that another safety and an active LB would be nice.

I did a two rounder, I am so ashamed of myself.

MIA
5.Gregory Rousseau
EDGE Miami
MIA
14.Creed Humphrey
OC Oklahoma
MIA
37.Chuba Hubbard
RB Oklahoma State
MIA
46.Chris Olave
WR Ohio State

Can't see Miami picking #5 again but I will take the best pass rusher happily.
Miami will pick no lower than higher than 17th next season. Humphrey is a possibility because Centers usually don't get drafted very high.

I too was shocked by them giving Miami the 3rd pick.I can see no argument to make for Miami to be WORSE than last year. :shrug:

Thedraftnetwork has us picking 8 and 9 which is crazy too.

The Fins will win 7+ games and Houston 9+ so I am figuring the 2 picks will be in the 12-21 range. So they should be able to get 5 of the Top 5 players or certainly trade around up and down.

And the Houston pick at 15

I'm on board with a WR in the 1st round. I think we need to start long term planning at the WR position. Parker is the only true WR we have. The others are slots and role player types. And Preston Williams tore his ACL, and WR's rarely return to pre-ACL tear levels.

If Xavien Howard has another down year, either from injury, performance, or off-field issues, I could see us taking Surtain.

WR, TE, RB...You went beef this draft, now give the kid the weapons to dominate the NFL.

I am expecting the Fins pick to be in the 10-15 area and Houston's to be in the 15-20 area(hopefully lower of course).

It is impossible right now to project who will be there and who we would want.

The Top 5 guys seem obvious right not, but recent history tells us that will change drastically too.

We can project the positions we will want to address, and WR/RB and possibly OT should be the offensive areas.

Defense is pretty obvious,a legit pass rusher.After that another safety and an active LB would be nice.
Definitely interested to see if Robert Hunt can play RT. I think the team feels he can, or they might not have taken him so high. Seeing as how that player is protecting Tua's blindside, it is very important. If Hunt is better at RG, then one of those tackles might be the way to go with an early 1st rounder. Tackle and receiver seems to be the area of strength for 2021.

Agree with you on finding a legit pass rusher. Miami has some better options for 2020, but none of those guys are elite.

Not sure what round he’s projected to go in. But I really , really hope we can snag P. Surtain jr! His dad was one of my favorite players back in the day.

Not sure what round he’s projected to go in. But I really , really hope we can snag P. Surtain jr! His dad was one of my favorite players back in the day.

Barring injury he seems like a late 1st rounder to me.

Has not quite lived up to the hype but he has been very good.

And he will be the man in that secondary this season(if there is one)so he could blow up and be the top CB in this draft.His competition would likely be Shanu Wade from (wait for it)Ohio State.

And unless Miami moves Xavien Howard I don't think they will be taking a CB in Round 1 next year.

If there is a Reduction in the Cap for 2021, there is a good chance a lot of teams will be scurrying to cut players to get under the cap, including Miami. There are a lot of rumors the Covid 19 pandemic is going to hurt the NFL's and all sports franchises bottom lines. The rumors have the NFL reducing the cap by as much as $70m. If that's becomes Factual, Miami may need to cut Howard and McCain as well as others inorder to get compliant? Making CB a potential priority for the 2021 draft.

Back
Top Bottom