Early mock - from Madrid | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Early mock - from Madrid

Well Mr. Madridfinfan, every day you can walk along the Gran Via and eat in those bars along Espoz y Mina and calle de la Victoria, all that chorizo and tortilla, thank the heavens that you are in the greatest city in the world(no offense to all the other cities, just personal preference). And I do like your picks- so many needs, so hard to nail down at this point who and when. Do you think Dillon RB lasts till the 5th?

Bopkin02. Great stuff there. Yeah, Madrid is a pretty sweet place to live. The amount of bars, tapas bars, cafes, restaurants, and taverns are limitless. This city never sleeps. I had the good fortune of meeting a Spanish girl 20 years ago in grad school and the rest is history. I was born and raised in Massachusetts, so, being a die-hard Fin Fan since 83 all the while living in Patriots country, wasn’t easy. I’m viewing my life here in Madrid as compensation.

Bopkin02. Great stuff there. Yeah, Madrid is a pretty sweet place to live. The amount of bars, tapas bars, cafes, restaurants, and taverns are limitless. This city never sleeps. I had the good fortune of meeting a Spanish girl 20 years ago in grad school and the rest is history. I was born and raised in Massachusetts, so, being a die-hard Fin Fan since 83 all the while living in Patriots country, wasn’t easy. I’m viewing my life here in Madrid as compensation.
I've been a HS Spanish teacher in PA for 30 years and have been to Spain many times. I envy you. I am hoping to get back in maybe two years; haven't been there since 2016 and that's too long.
Out of curiosity, How do you watch the games over there? Part of my retirement plan is to spend a good chunk of my life in Spain, and the best travel time(cheapest) is in the fall- just wondering what to do not to miss games. I have a feeling we have some better times ahead in Miami and I don't want to have to choose one mistress over the other, if you get my drift!
Did I get off topic? Sorry mods. Don't ban me.

Just to be able to get my NFL fix, years ago (I’ve beeniving here for 17 years already) I bought a slingbox and hooked it up to to my sisters cable at her house in Connecticut. Then I started to pay for an NFL Gamepass to just follow the Fins. This was the first year/season since that I haven’t bought a subscription, but through another expat living here, i found another way to watch games

And so neither of us get banned, I don’t think Dillon RB will probably last until the 5th. I’m really hoping we can nab him though.

I was born in Cuba but lived in Madrid many years. My favorite place in the whole world! I haven't gone back as much as I would like but im seriously contemplating retiring there in a few years.
Viva Espana! y Hala Madrid!

I spent my early years living back and forth between Newcastle in England and Mallorca in the Spanish Balearics. I loved growing up with a beach right down the street in Mallorca. Now I'm stock in -20c, 6 month winters, here in Canada, my Spanish blood doesn't cope well with that :) Would love to retire back to the island but with five kids it's highly unlikely.

To your draft: I like it a lot but not sure why you have 2 4th rounders in there, we don't have any just yet (although we will get one in comp pick, most probably) and as I said in another thread I'm not a fan of Davis at safety especially in round 2, far better options out there.

Speaking of Spain and Football, big games this week for Barcelona and Real Madrid. :)

Madrid v City is the most interesting Round of 16 matchup in a long time.

Tons of great references in this thread. I'm glad I got out of town so many 115 degree summers from Las Vegas and traveled extensively. One cruise from New York to Europe had a stop at Palma de Mallorca. I remember touring a castle atop a hill with great views.

That summer of '92 in Spain I rented a car and looped the country, along with stops in Portugal and Gibraltar. Let's see, I remember the walled city of Toledo (miserably hot when I was there), seeing the fabulous Expo '92 in Sevilla, getting to Pamplona about 10 days after the running with the bulls but at least getting a feel for where it happens including the Hemingway statue and lots of pictures on the walls of the recently concluded version, nearly killing myself in Granada when I almost fell into a deep dark stairwell while visiting the castle at night, going to Santander solely because I knew Seve Ballesteros called it home, touring the basque region because of all my years as a regular at Miami Jai-Alai, being amazed while looking up at the arched aqueducts of Segovia, the Dali home north of Barcelona, and one of my top memories seeing a bull fight in Ronda, which otherwise may have been the most tranquil and stunning area, along with the amazing architecture of Barcelona.

Frankly my memories of Madrid itself are somewhat hazy because I was dealing with that Torrelodones family instead of being a pure tourist like everywhere else. Someday I'll have to find those photos and figure out exactly what I saw.

Back
Top Bottom