Early mock - from Madrid | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Early mock - from Madrid

madridfinfan

Rookie
Reaction score
I’m saying that with multiple picks, you gotta gamble and take Tua if he’s sitting there.

At 18 any one of the DE prospects would work in Chaisson, G-Matos or Epenesa. Maybe taking an OT like Bekton if he’s there at 18 and then taking BA DE at 26. Either way, DE and OT (order interchangeable depending how the board falls) should be 1b/1c.

Round 2 we shore up our DBs, taking a CB and S. Could argue going O here and grabbing a top RB, and a WR that may slip.

Round 3 we focus on IOL. Thinking that Biadasz and Harris will be gone by this point. Cushenberry would be a nice consolation prize.

Round 4 we finally delve into the deep RB and WR class. Would love to take a Dobbins with 2A or one of the WRs that may slip, but our secondary, as young and as hungry as they are, just lacks talent, so they go DB in round 2. Perine, Bowden and Dillon can give us some real interesting looks on offense and are good value in rounds 4/5.

In summary, we revamp the O with a QB, OT, OG, WR, and 2RB and shore up the D with a DE, CB and S.

1a QB Tua

1b DE Chaisson

Ic OT Jones

2a CB Hall

2b S Davis

3 OG Cushenberry

4a WR Bowden

4b RB Perine

5 RB Dillon

Nice effort OP. I'd do it a bit different but that's not bad.

Thanks Danny. I could totally how see how/why you’d go a different route. With so many holes, you can justify a handful of different strategies. Much will depend on combine showings and how FA goes, obviously, so doing mocks at this stage, as fun as they can be, are kind of pointless.

Seeing how the KC Offense Just manhandled teams, including SFs top D, makes me wanna go all O early (except for a DE).

Thanks Danny. I could totally how see how/why you’d go a different route. With so many holes, you can justify a handful of different strategies. Much will depend on combine showings and how FA goes, obviously, so doing mocks at this stage, as fun as they can be, are kind of pointless.

Seeing how the KC Offense Just manhandled teams, including SFs top D, makes me wanna go all O early (except for a DE).
That's the thing. In the NFL today you need a top offense to win and a great offense to win the SB. It's hard to keep a top defense together but when you have the QB and weapons at WR/RB/TE you're never out of the game. I'd go QB,OT,Edge,WR,RB with our top 5 picks depending on who's on the board and what we do in free agency.

I might look secondary early. There's a good chance Jones is a cap casualty, opening up a need at safety. I guess the Howard situation worked itself out, but they need some help opposite him.

Needham did well as a rookie, but I still think you look to upgrade there.

Cushenberry looks like a late 1st rounder at this time.

I am hoping Chiasson lasts until 18 but I doubt it.

On the outside chance we have all our picks and get Tua, I would go all offense in the first. It wont be a shared opinion on here, but if Shenault, Lamb, Jeudy falls to 18 Im running that card up. If not, I am looking oline at 18. Then with pick 25, I would look oline again. If we dont go WR in the first, I'd look at Lynn Bowden in the second (Ideally the saints pick). Build that offense up and give Tua the keys. Make Flores earn his money on the defensive side of the ball next year.

Grier wont do that. He will try to piece meal both sides of the ball and probably flounder in the process.

On the outside chance we have all our picks and get Tua, I would go all offense in the first. It wont be a shared opinion on here, but if Shenault, Lamb, Jeudy falls to 18 Im running that card up. If not, I am looking oline at 18. Then with pick 25, I would look oline again. If we dont go WR in the first, I'd look at Lynn Bowden in the second (Ideally the saints pick). Build that offense up and give Tua the keys. Make Flores earn his money on the defensive side of the ball next year.

Grier wont do that. He will try to piece meal both sides of the ball and probably flounder in the process.

yeah, this WR class has some serious potential to be a special one. Will he hard to pass over that kind of talent in the first.

man, I had Bowden going in the 4th in my mock, and you have him pegged in the 2nd. Guess that might have been wishful thinking on my part

yeah, this WR class has some serious potential to be a special one. Will he hard to pass over that kind of talent in the first.

man, I had Bowden going in the 4th in my mock, and you have him pegged in the 2nd. Guess that might have been wishful thinking on my part

Yeah I just think Bowden will go higher but who knows. I just like how competitive he is. We need that on the offensive side of the ball.

Beyond the QB position I am using Day 1 and Day 2 picks to build the trenches.

The skill guys can come later.......they are a luxury without an OL and a good defense anyway, and if you have a good OL(and QB presumably)you do not need A+ WR's and RB's to have a good offense.

I would not spend cap space or high picks on skill positions until the lines of scrimmage are strong enough to make them valuable.

Like Danny said above there so many ways this draft can go for us. I'm not hung up on any one position as much as I want to see quality production as soon as possible from our first five picks (Yeah I know I'm shooting for the moon).
I'm not expecting this team to be totally fixed in one year, but it would be nice to be in a position to see it happen in 2021

Well Mr. Madridfinfan, every day you can walk along the Gran Via and eat in those bars along Espoz y Mina and calle de la Victoria, all that chorizo and tortilla, thank the heavens that you are in the greatest city in the world(no offense to all the other cities, just personal preference). And I do like your picks- so many needs, so hard to nail down at this point who and when. Do you think Dillon RB lasts till the 5th?

Aswi, how the heck do you know about Torrelodones???

I got hot betting sports in spring 1992. I used the profit to book a trip to the Barcelona Olympics. A few days before the Games began I was visiting gorgeous Montserrat, maybe 40 miles north of Barcelona. Somehow I found a room there that was available throughout the Games for $40 (equivalent) per night, and it was AIR CONDITIONED. You will understand why I capitalized that. Virtually nothing was air conditioned.

During the swimming events I was laughing like hell during the B Finals when the public address announcer would bellow, "Nuevo record de Espana!" This was happening in one race after another. Some Spanish girl would finish 5th in the consolation final but her time happened to be the best time in Spanish history so the crowd was going nuts. I was kidding local fans about it. Eventually a girl took exception to it and started needling me in friendly fashion. She was from Torrelodones, which I had never heard of. She explained it was a suburb of Madrid.

Frustrating story because I liked Maria but she was more interested in setting me up with her older sister. I didn't realize that until Maria invited me to visit the family home in Torrelodones for a few days before I flew back to Las Vegas. Maria left the Olympics early because the family had an annual week's vacation at a beach town called Torremolinos.

Once I reached Madrid and found the home it had a huge backyard with a vegetable garden. The father ran a gas station down the street and was also a banker. Leg of lamb was literally hanging over the refrigerator. Next day the three sisters were giving me the guided tour of Madrid, which was awesome. All the famous tourist spots. But next thing I know the two normal ones are excusing themselves and I'm stuck with the one who can speak just enough English for me to identify that she is certifiably nuts. I had to maintain niceties long enough for the father to keep his word about giving me a ride to the airport.

BTW, I flew back from Madrid and arrived back in Las Vegas just as Hurricane Andrew was devastating South Florida.

Back
Top Bottom