Early on | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Early on

A few beat writers (Kelly, Poupart) said Wilson didn’t stand out in the OTAs they watched, and that EE and Sanders looked more polished.

1. Hill
2. Waddle
3a. Chosen
3b. Berrios
5. Ezukanma
6. Wilson/Sanders

A few beat writers (Kelly, Poupart) said Wilson didn’t stand out in the OTAs they watched, and that EE and Sanders looked more polished.

1. Hill
2. Waddle
3a. Chosen
3b. Berrios
5. Ezukanma
6. Wilson/Sanders

At a certain point you have to accept it didn't work out and eat a significant part of his salary to move him.

I'm looking to move a late round pick in an effort to remove a chunk of his salary.

NO ONE will take all of it so even $3-$4 coming off the books would be a major coup.

It's never been disputed that Anderson is fast and has talent. I just don't think he's ever gotten the game completely right between the ears. Being the fastest guy on the field makes you a superstar in high school and college, but in the pros there are dozens of others just like you. You have to be a better professional to make it work, and that's what we've seen with Hill and Waddle. Hopefully some of that rubs off on Anderson.

Grier going to Ross and asking him to write a 2 mil check so you could save 3 mil may not look so great to Ross...more than likely why he doesn't do it, that and an injury bug at some time during the season to the WR. Kind of hard to do when you just gave him a 22.05 mil contract the year before, $12.75 million guaranteed.

Kelly likes Ezukanma guess it's his size.

Anderson - watching his highlights looks very smart on field, reading zones, knowing how to use his speed - to me he looks like a #2 and a decent one at that. Would assume his problems are off field and not knowing when to shut up when talking to coaching staff (just a guess).

Whatever gets the ball out of Tua's hands and lets someone else take the hit, I'm all for.

Did also notice Anderson catches are not alway's clean and he needs to work on that, putting extra work on that jug machine.

Grier going to Ross and asking him to write a 2 mil check so you could save 3 mil may not look so great to Ross...more than likely why he doesn't do it, that and an injury bug at some time during the season to the WR. Kind of hard to do when you just gave him a 22.05 mil contract the year before, $12.75 million guaranteed.

Kelly likes Ezukanma guess it's his size.

Anderson - watching his highlights looks very smart on field, reading zones, knowing how to use his speed - to me he looks like a #2 and a decent one at that. Would assume his problems are off field and not knowing when to shut up when talking to coaching staff (just a guess).

Whatever gets the ball out of Tua's hands and lets someone else take the hit, I'm all for.
I seriously doubt Ross is involved in the decision making of any low level roster mechanics of this type.

Writing a three million dollar check to save two, in my view is just part of cap management at times.

A few mil really doesn't matter. If you can move a player that isn't likely to see many snaps to either save money, or replace him with a player who is likely to contribute more, you do it.

He definitely could be one of those guys that contributes a few big plays for us. He has some specific talents that are tough to defend. To me he's like one of those fighters that has one great technique. He may not be great at everything, but when he gets to use that one technique, it's incredibly effective. His speed in the slot is just tough to defend. You put him against a 3rd or 4th CB in the right situation and it's game over.

And I wouldn't say Grier "lucked" into this move. Grier has proven very adept at churning the bottom of the roster and bringing in talent. If Chosen ends up giving us some of those key plays it will be due to the work this FO puts in not "luck".
To add to your point Robbie catches the quick slant very well

Agree that he isn’t a lock for snaps, but I don’t even put Wilson on my depth chart. The way they are treating him, it feels to me like it’s a foregone conclusion that we will unload him before the season, even if we have to pay a bunch of his salary.

I think Anderson is likely to win the primary WR3 job, but Berrios will still play a lot of snaps—maybe 30-40%. And then I think Ezukanma will be first man up if there’s an injury.
What is it about how they’re treating him that makes you think it’s a foregone conclusion?

As I said, I’m in agreement that their plan is to move him… but it has to be a two way street, right? And he would be a valuable depth piece if we get in a bad spot losing Waddle or Hill for any amount of time.

What is it about how they’re treating him that makes you think it’s a foregone conclusion?

As I said, I’m in agreement that their plan is to move him… but it has to be a two way street, right? And he would be a valuable depth piece if we get in a bad spot losing Waddle or Hill for any amount of time.
The fact that Grier said we’re trying to do right by him, which is way more of an admission that we are trying to deal him than he ever really makes, combined with Wilson himself acknowledging he’s on the Dolphins “right now,” combined with the fact that he doesn’t even seem to be playing with the 1s in OTAs despite Hill being out. All of that together suggests to me he’s out the door.

If we intended for him to stay, you’d think we’d be talking more about how he had a tough start but he’s going to take a leap this year, etc., and he’d be getting a ton of reps and targets with Tua at OTAs to see if he can work as WR3.

The fact that Grier said we’re trying to do right by him, which is way more of an admission that we are trying to deal him than he ever really makes, combined with Wilson himself acknowledging he’s on the Dolphins “right now,” combined with the fact that he doesn’t even seem to be playing with the 1s in OTAs despite Hill being out. All of that together suggests to me he’s out the door.

If we intended for him to stay, you’d think we’d be talking more about how he had a tough start but he’s going to take a leap this year, etc., and he’d be getting a ton of reps and targets with Tua at OTAs to see if he can work as WR3.
Agree.

For whatever reason, it appears he doesn't fit this offense. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much interest from other teams.

I never get too excited how players play at this time of year in shorts. Anderson was a decent WR a few seasons ago but he still has to prove it again once the pre season starts.

I see Berrios as the primary slot receiver, along with Hill and Waddle on the outside. Anderson is competing for the 4th WR position along with a number of other WR’s on the roster, IMO.

We don't have a #2 receiver or #4, we have 1a & 1b with either guy able to go off a 150 yds plus per game. we also have a 3a & 3b, with Berrios and Anderson being the number 3 based on game plan. I think Anderson may get some extra snaps when 1a &1b need a break. Just have trouble seeing Wilson making into that 3c conversation.

Back
Top Bottom