Early Predictions for MN | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Early Predictions for MN

LAfinfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Our chances may be better than we think, because :
1) you can run on the Packers. (see past game nearly lost to Detroit.)
2) Should use our new weapons : Carter, D. Clark + plus the rest of our standart weapons.
3) Time to Open our playbook, using 2 TE's, more screens ect.
4) Weather : Actually we play well in the cold. Last year with all our injuries we beat Buffalo, played a very close game with NE.
5) The question is Ray. This is the game of his nfl life. I think he will have a good game. He is not going to get another chance if throws this one away and his value in the job market will be very low $$$.
6) Favre at 80% can still light up the scoreboard. However, if we can make life difficult for him, he can be had. Look at the problems he got into when the teams had good pressure on him.
7) Miami players are pissed off and are looking to make up for that loss + everyone knows how important this game is for the Fins. Miami 21/ Packers 17.

I think this game will be a very very close game but I think we can manage to pull an upset and escape with the win......

Dolphins 23
Packers 17

I'm in the WIN camp for Monday too.

Favre is quality, no doubt. Driver has proven a great target. Ahman Green continues to mark up the yards. But I think we have the DB' and D front to make their lives difficult. This D has proven itself one of the best. JT is back to his best. ZT is reliable as ever. As a unit it has been pretty effective and somewhat more varied (to the credit of DC Bates). Green Bay stock may be inflated by a good record but of questionable quality given the weakness of it's division and the records of the majority of it's opponents thus far.

On offense I think we have the kind of balanced short game that plays well in poor conditions. I can't believe Lucas will have as bad a game as on his last outing, he has too much to lose. I also think he'll not want to try and do it on his own AGAIN.

I think the receiving corps will all benefit from the arrival of CC senior, raising the level of competition in training and performance on game day.

On the basis of history, we like MNF and we own the Pac.

Fins 24 GB Fudgemen 16

My first game prediction of the season - my father-in-law who got to know the game in Miami last year supports the opposition so I hope I'm right.:lol:

I can understand you all picking with your hearts instead of your heads. I do the same thing. If Lucas was not your QB I'd give you a good chance of winning. Since he is your QB I think the Pack wins 23-10

Well, if Lucas gives the Pack 6 turnovers, it will be closer to 60-10, unlike what the Bills couldn't do. Pathetic beings.:rolleyes:

You're having trouble letting go MFan. Just try.

I'm thinking Lucus has to put up a mistake free (no more than 1 TO) night to have a shot if Favre plays. If Favre sits the Fish will win.

With Brett GB 30 Miami 17

No Brett Miami 20 GB 14

I don't think he has to make 6 TO for you guys to get blown out. All the pack has to do is put 8 guys in the box and stuff your run like Denver. Lucas will not be able to lead your O to scores like Feidler did against Broncoes.

I know we tend to see players on our own teams through rose colored glasses but come on..............do you really think Lucas does not suck?

One bad game doesn't make a player suck. He has played well in the past, and I am sure he can ATLEAST play decently enough for us to win......

i'm looking for ricky to get 35+ carries...and 5-8 screen passes. if lucas throws more than 0 deep passes, i'll be shocked...that said, this game will be called very conservatively and there is nothing better for a qb's confidence than a few well excecuted screens

Weather .com says Monday night will be above 32 degrees, possible rain. May even go to 40 degrees. I think this will be a low scoring game and field goals will be big! They will make Ray beat them and go all out to stop RW. My guess?

FINS 12
PACK 9

I will give Lucas the benifit of the doubt for 1 more game. I most of all will give the the coaches the benifit of the doubt that they will not put the game in his hands. The reason I am picking the Dolphins is because they have the more physical team on both sides of the ball. Our defense has proved to be dominating, and will be well rested. Our o-line is getting their anchor back in Dixon, and Greenbay has yet to prove they can stop the run. I also like Madison's and Surtain's chances of shutting down the Pack's wrs. The other x-factor is Farve playing on bas wheels against a d-line that has had 12 sacks in 3 games.

fins 27
Pack13

Originally posted by REAL DEAL
Weather .com says Monday night will be above 32 degrees, possible rain.

you may want to check that weather report again.(there in the middle of changing it big cold front is coming thru Wisconsin tonight and they dont expect to it warm up til next Wed) :D

http://www.weather.com/weather/detail/USWI0288?dayNum=4

High of 35 Low of 25 ..Should be about 27-28 degrees at kickoff.(8p.m. CST) Only question is, will it snow? :lol:

I hope it does snow! If it snows the chances Sherman takeing a chance and leting Farve play on bad wheels in a non conference game goes way down.

For once I am going to partially agree with Hoover (gasp!). if Miami runs the ball and Farve sits, Fins can win. If we get into a shoot out, we loose. Also, I think everyone should remember that yes Lucas had a terrible game, but he has had several brilliant games in the past. When he is playing like he did when he was a Jet, he is good enough for us to win. I don't know who that imposter was against Buffalo. I am sure he doesn't know either.

I think Ray plays better (runs more) and We see a very close tight game that could go wither way. A see-saw battle. Turnovers and special teams will be huge. If Miami gets a pass rush our corners can cover anyone for the first 5 seconds.

I pick Miami to lose a heartbreaker:

Pack 27
Fins 24

Come from behind for Farve again. God! I hope I am wrong.

Originally posted by Dajesus
I hope it does snow! If it snows the chances Sherman takeing a chance and leting Farve play on bad wheels in a non conference game goes way down.

you obviously never seen a game in Lambeau when it snows. Nor have you seen Favre play in the snow. Favre is 34-0 when the temp is under 32 degrees :D

Back
Top Bottom