Easy or Hard Schedule? You decide... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Easy or Hard Schedule? You decide...

Pericles349

Practice Squad
Reaction score
So I've already read and heard a few conflicting stories on our schedule. The Sun-Sentinel says that the schedule favors us because of the lack of road games in December and the 1pm kickoff times in all of the home games. However, other reports are using the strength of schedule to say that the we have one of the toughest in the league (if not the toughest). What do you think??

-My opinion is that because teams change so much every season we shouldn't worry too much about other teams. If we play good, we should be able to beat any team (see last season't MNF against the Pats). Heat definately plays a role for teams who are used to 20 degree weather in December and then have t o play in 70 or 80 degree weather. I like our schedule (except for the lack of prime time games!! :fire: )

In my eyes, that is one wicked hard schedule. I was surprised how so many people thought it was a good schedule...I just find it hard.

It's easy. It's only hard because of the records of the teams we've always played. It's not like anyone else's schedule. Our division has always been tough, it only looks worse this year because we sucked last year.

I posted this on another thread....

If you look at last years's standings, the AFC East is the ONLY division in which 3 of its teams had winning records. And we have to play them 6 times. The rest of our schedule consists of (based on last years standings) 3 teams with winning records (Chargers, Falcons, Broncos) and 6 with losing records (Carolina, Tampa, Chiefs, Browns, Raiders, Titans). New Orleans was 8-8. Not a world beater by any means. So lets stop our whinning about this "Hardest schedule" crap.

Let's just split within our division and we shoudl have a decent year.

bigmiamifan said:
It's easy. It's only hard because of the records of the teams we've always played. It's not like anyone else's schedule. Our division has always been tough, it only looks worse this year because we sucked last year.

Good point. Right now any team looks like they could kick our a$$. However, I'ld like to think that after we play Denver and beat them, we'll all feel much more comfortable about the schedule...

dolfan4good said:
I posted this on another thread....

If you look at last years's standings, the AFC East is the ONLY division in which 3 of its teams had winning records. And we have to play them 6 times. The rest of our schedule consists of (based on last years standings) 3 teams with winning records (Chargers, Falcons, Broncos) and 6 with losing records (Carolina, Tampa, Chiefs, Browns, Raiders, Titans). New Orleans was 8-8. Not a world beater by any means. So lets stop our whinning about this "Hardest schedule" crap.

Let's just split within our division and we shoudl have a decent year.

I really don't believe we'll split our division (assuming we have a good team... I know... big assumption). I think that we can take the Jets at home and on the road, same with the Bills... I think we will lose to the Pats in Foxboro and might even lose to them at home...

As we know, our schedule is considered the toughest because of all of our opponents's win totals from last year. Sometimes schedules turn out much better, as many of those teams have trouble replicating their previous success. What bothers me about our schedule, is that I believe almost every one of the teams we are playing, will either be just as successful, if not more this season. I think it's a mighty tough schedule. The lack of cold games might be good, but that's a real cold one there at the end.

Our division will continue to be the toughest in football (Although the AFC west is competing with us for that reputation) and the AFC will remain the tougher conference for a few years. This alone hurts us.

I personally like the schedule, with the exception of the last game vs. NE in foxboro. and of course the lack of primetime games. But whoknows that last game might a great game Saban Vs. Bill, winner takes divison. :D

I don't think it's a hard schedule, I'm looking forward to the season. The only thing I don't like about our schedule is the early bye week. Everything else I'm ok with.

it's easier then alot of people think, if you look at the teams you will see how hard it actually is... the Pats will be starting their downfall after losing their coordinators along with Ty Law, their WRs and possibily Teddy Brushi, the Jets will be weaker if Fiedlier is at the Helm, the Bills lost a couple of key players and have a young QB with no experience starting, the Browns don't really have any thing good to pose a threat, the Saints have a QB who is bad more often then not, and the Titans will have a huge dropoff after losing Kevin Carter, Derrick Mason, Samari Rolle, Andre Dyson and Fred Miller.

I don't view it as that hard of a schedule although there are some hard games, nobody can tell till the teams have their final rosters or at least until after the draft

I like the fact that almost all the games are 1 PM EST.....here in Colorado I can get to the bar at 11 AM., start things off with a bloody mary...then I have the rest of the afternoon to do my thing....and be back to watch the ESPN Sunday Night game. It's hard staying up on some of the Monday Night games...I also think we won't have to deal with the pressure of MNF...so I think it is a big plus.

what is there to complain about here ? If we can whip any other team in our division then we need not fear anyone else and if we get good enough to start winning within our own division we will be playing good football. I wonder how would the other division teams schedules be ranked if they didn't have to play the 4-12 Fins twice... hmmm. I believe they will be gettin' more than they want real soon. :evil:

Pericles349 said:
So I've already read and heard a few conflicting stories on our schedule. The Sun-Sentinel says that the schedule favors us because of the lack of road games in December and the 1pm kickoff times in all of the home games. However, other reports are using the strength of schedule to say that the we have one of the toughest in the league (if not the toughest). What do you think??

-My opinion is that because teams change so much every season we shouldn't worry too much about other teams. If we play good, we should be able to beat any team (see last season't MNF against the Pats). Heat definately plays a role for teams who are used to 20 degree weather in December and then have t o play in 70 or 80 degree weather. I like our schedule (except for the lack of prime time games!! :fire: )

I agree with you that in today's NFL, bad teams can become good overnight and good teams can play stinky in an instant. Look at what happened to us....but I still figure that our schedule is real tough because of the division in which we play.

Back
Top Bottom