Eating Crow | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eating Crow

DZimmer000

BJJ Black Belt
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I’m here to state again that I have no idea about coaching in the NFL. I remember when we hired Adam Gase. I was positive he would be the coach to lead us in the right direction. I thought “Playoffs are going to be a yearly occurrence “. I came on here telling everyone how great a hire I thought it was. WRONG!

Then after hiring Flores, I thought..... A guy who’s never even been a coordinator in this league? A guy who’s biggest accomplishment is getting BB’s coffee order right? This is gonna be a joke.

As of right now.... I’m gonna say I’m wrong again. It’s only 1 win. Flores hasn’t proven anything. He’s made a ton of mistakes. BUT from what I can see.... He’s learned from his mistakes, and the team is improving even though we have almost no talent on the roster. I am giving Credit where it’s due. Brian Flores, at least for right now, has proven me wrong again.

I thought the Flores hire when we did it was terrible and that he had no qualifications to justify his selection other than hanging on to Bellicheat's coattails. I was probably wrong. The thing he did really well was put a great staff together, that's helping him get the most out of a threadbare roster.

Image result for ryan fitzpatrick

I thought the Flores hire when we did it was terrible and that he had no qualifications to justify his selection other than hanging on to Bellicheat's coattails. I was probably wrong. The thing he did really well was put a great staff together, that's helping him get the most out of a threadbare roster.
You can argue that the most important thing an effective leader at this level can do is recognize and surround himself with talented people that will understand, implement and execute his vision.

He was not the guy I wanted either but I'm fine with being wrong if it means good for the Dolphins. He's doing a good job with very little talent(compared to other teams) and he has them playing hard every week. Plus the young guys are developing so I'm hoping this continues.

I agree. I was skeptical, especially seeing how other New England Patriot assistant coaches have faired as HC. But since the bye week you can see the difference from the 1st 4 weeks of the season. He's done an admirable job with a roster filled with 2nd and 3rd string players. Biegel, McMillan and Baker are all over the place, Wilkins has improved since earlier in the season. Godchaux has cemented himself as a vital piece moving forward. Boehm and Webb have become keys to the Oline. And the secondary has played like a very coordinated group. All of this with a roster considered to be the worst in the league. If he can do this with chicken liver, imagine what he can do with chicken soup.

He was not the guy I wanted either but I'm fine with being wrong if it means good for the Dolphins. He's doing a good job with very little talent(compared to other teams) and he has them playing hard every week. Plus the young guys are developing so I'm hoping this continues.
I couldn’t agree more. We’ll see how the rest of the year unfolds, but we’re improving. That’s good to see..... And it’s really all you can ask from the coach of a Tanking team.

P.S. I’m still not a fan of Grier. Just Sayin.

My man, 3 first round picks and cap space aplenty. Please start becoming a fan.

Last year we had a cluster-f@ck of a front office. The onus falls on Grier because he carries the title but You know there were too many hands in the cookie jar.

Next year will make or break Grier. Hate or love him then.

In the mean time, fan up and hope he gets it right now that he's the only captain of the ship.

I've liked Flores since the minute we hired him, thought he would be an upgrade over no defense Gase and is probably the best move our owner has made (he's the one making these big decisions imo).

Last week I was furious because I feel like he lost us the game, that's expected with a young coach though and after beating the jests my faith is renewed.

Just no more cover 0's with DB's playing 15 yards back on third and a mile please and we gucci.

Last edited:
What I have seen from him is unlike other assistants of BB. They all go to a new organization and say “okay I’m going do it like BB and adjust my plan to what my opponent does poorly, no matter my roster is built like that’s what’s gonna make me great. Nothing but planning to hurt them where they are weak”

That sounds great but if your opponent can’t stop a fast athletic TE and you don’t have one or don’t run your offense through one or have a good line/QB that plan won’t work. But they will keep bashing their heads against the wall because it’s what works for BB.

Flo seems to be coaching the guys up and trying to put guys in the proper position to succeed with their skill set. Look at Giseki he couldn’t sniff the field but Flo and O’Shea have him finding his way. Or McMillen who was put in to cover slot guys and TEs and that’s not him at all. They have him playing Down hill blitzing and blowing up running lanes which is where he will find success with his skill set.

He is working the puzzle to succeed, the only knock I have on him is his lack of adjustments for the 2nd half. Though we don’t have a ton of skill and depth so it may just be our limitation. But with a lower end roster he gets them to play HARD. I mean these guys have to know they aren’t great but this coaching staff is working their asses off and it seems to rubbed off on the players in a very positive way.

I want to see how they continue to grow and what they are able to get out of the young guys to allow for true evaluation in the off season.

Flo was put in a lousy situation but has shown great fortitude and consistency, he looks like a real HC. Not a coordinator who wants to work with one side of the ball and control it game day, rather than delegate and gameplan/prepare his staff then let them work on Sunday which is what great coaches do imo. Outside of maybe Andy Reid who I think calls plays most elite coaches don’t have a sheet in their hands game day, that’s what I want! A leader who controls making the game plan and then trust it to his staff (who he put in place) to run it on game day.

Back
Top Bottom