Eating Crow | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eating Crow

The biggest thing holding Flores back is the absence of Caldwell. I was not a big fan of the hire until he brought Caldwell on board to be his mentor. But we will see if Flores can be the one success story from the Belichick coaching tree. O'Brien is getting there but has not had sustained success yet.

I have enjoyed and appreciated his coach speak. He presents himself very well and this organization. I give him a lot of credit for not losing the locker room even after first 2 games. I'm a little discouraged that he wasn't able to convince Minkah to stay or use a talent like Vincent Taylor. I am cautiously optimistic that we have our generational coach.

Show me a head coach in today's world of professional sports who can instill discipline and respect for core team values, and I'll show you a coach who will thrive. I think the number one issue most coaches at the highest levels have today is getting that respect from their roster, the discipline they're after, etc., to build that culture which has been the buzz word around here for months. This, not talent, is what is lacking in Cleveland.

I wanted Dan Campbell to be the HC last time around because I liked his leadership ability and he'd build a physical team.

I'll eat crow that I thought Gase had gotten the short end with Tannehill, and I respected that he reportedly didnt want to be part of a tank.

In hindsight, it was the right decision for the Fins to move on from Gase. The fact that he's coaching a division rival into the ground is a perk.

Flores is the Dolphins coach now and deserves our support. I hope that Flores shows he was the right man for the job in time. Listening to Flores' press conferences remind me of Philbin... It's easy to convince practice squad players with no expectations to play hard through losing. We jettison talented players early in the season because Flores couldn't get their buy-in... that made me queasy~

I just enjoy seeing the guy smile after a win...Rare in Miami and esp from Gase face

I was one of the Adam Gase fans also- boy was I wrong. but in all of our defense, look who was before him. One mans trash etc..
In my eyes he still is a genius over some of the slackers we had coaching here and that's sad!

Flip side I did like Dan Campbell better than Gase and was pissed when he didn't get the job.

Got to break a few eggs to make an omelet.
Flores was the right choice IMO- he has a lot to offer this organization.

Not to mention. I looked at a list that has us as having the least penalties in the league. Direct reflection on coach.

Right now the only person who looks impressive is Chris Grier. Those draft picks in 2020 and 2021 look like we'll be poised to dramatically overhaul this roster. If it goes as expected, this team will get a LOT better overnight after the 2020 draft, and after the 2021 draft we will either have laid the foundation for greatness … or Grier and Flores will have one foot out the door. Either way, things are going according to plan … so far. While emotionally and stress-wise this may seem tough … this is actually the easy part--losing on purpose. The hard part was amassing all those draft picks, and convincing both an owner and coaching staff to join Grier in this colossal tank job tear-down rebuild process.

The litmus test will be how well and quickly we start our improvement after we have the 2020 class onboard. Expectations will be low, and as long as we show continual improvement, 2020 should be a very encouraging and positive year for the Dolphins. But should we shoot out to a quick start and falter late … things might get a bit dicey.

I was on the Adam Gase bandwagon too. He seemed like the right kind of guy to take a chance on, and at the time he was the hottest property around and the most successful young coach. I was all for giving it a try, because that's how we'll find the next Shula, hiring a young and partially unproven coordinator. No established great coach is uprooting, and certainly not to come here.

But the NFL is a harsh critic, and while he had some great success early and did a wonderful job masking deficiencies … the ultimate test is your win/loss record. And as many great coaches have said … you are what your record says you are. Adam Gase wasn't good enough.

Coach Flores is in a honeymoon state now. We're following a designed plan to tank, which means he's following the script and losing. I'm not going to hold it against him that he's losing in 2019. But starting the 2020 season … he needs to start turning things around. The record starts to count in 2021, IMHO, and expectations will be high after all this tanking/rebuilding. Fingers crossed that Coach Flo & Co. are up to the task. Goodness knows the Dolphins fans deserve a period of prosperity again.

I wanted Dan Campbell to be the HC last time around because I liked his leadership ability and he'd build a physical team.

I'll eat crow that I thought Gase had gotten the short end with Tannehill, and I respected that he reportedly didnt want to be part of a tank.

In hindsight, it was the right decision for the Fins to move on from Gase. The fact that he's coaching a division rival into the ground is a perk.

Flores is the Dolphins coach now and deserves our support. I hope that Flores shows he was the right man for the job in time. Listening to Flores' press conferences remind me of Philbin... It's easy to convince practice squad players with no expectations to play hard through losing. We jettison talented players early in the season because Flores couldn't get their buy-in... that made me queasy~
If all coaches could convince practice squad players to play better or equal to their star counterparts , every coach would be Belichick and not put up with headaches. it wasn't about buy-in for those players, they wanted no part of the tank and they are no longer Dolphins. Imagine Gase with this team!

The players giving Flores a Gatorade bath says it all. Only way Gase would've got one is if it was filled with bricks. If the players have his back we should

Image result for ryan fitzpatrick

utterly meaningless. utterly a waste of time.

Back
Top Bottom