Eating Crow | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eating Crow

Well, I see a team that is disciplined. They keep the penalties at a minimum and that's good coaching right there. The next thing I want to see is turnover-free games. One we have that, then the new talent they get on this team, the better it will be. So I can say with certainty that Flores is better than Gase and Philbin.

Fewest penalties in the league speaks volumes...Reminiscent of Shula.
How many times did we blow it by not taking a penalty??? How many yards and points have we actually allowed - and how many WRs blew by us for first downs and TDs - sometimes penalties are good just saying

We gave up 495 points and On average Giving up a paltry 400 yds to Offenses many of them very bad

I have to look at everything - and I hope we have done better in this Team Stat but something inside tells me that fewer penalties mean very little if teams can walk up and down the field at will

Fewer Offsides on both sides of the ball would be a big one to look at obviously

Last edited:
I’m here to state again that I have no idea about coaching in the NFL. I remember when we hired Adam Gase. I was positive he would be the coach to lead us in the right direction. I thought “Playoffs are going to be a yearly occurrence “. I came on here telling everyone how great a hire I thought it was. WRONG!

Then after hiring Flores, I thought..... A guy who’s never even been a coordinator in this league? A guy who’s biggest accomplishment is getting BB’s coffee order right? This is gonna be a joke.

As of right now.... I’m gonna say I’m wrong again. It’s only 1 win. Flores hasn’t proven anything. He’s made a ton of mistakes. BUT from what I can see.... He’s learned from his mistakes, and the team is improving even though we have almost no talent on the roster. I am giving Credit where it’s due. Brian Flores, at least for right now, has proven me wrong again.
No need to eat crow - not yet anyways. I was a fan of the Flores hiring because he is different from other coaches who came from the Patriots and tried to do it on their own. Most of them came from somewhere else, joined the Pats, had success and tried to build upon that success.
Flores not so much. All he knows is the Patriots way. He has shown that he is a coach who can teach, holds a team in disarray together and despite our team often acting hapless and hopeless he has them playing hard every down. And that what this season was all about: teach them, develop them, instill a new culture and establish a system going forward. I cannot wait to see him with some additional talent.

I’m here to state again that I have no idea about coaching in the NFL. I remember when we hired Adam Gase. I was positive he would be the coach to lead us in the right direction. I thought “Playoffs are going to be a yearly occurrence “. I came on here telling everyone how great a hire I thought it was. WRONG!

Then after hiring Flores, I thought..... A guy who’s never even been a coordinator in this league? A guy who’s biggest accomplishment is getting BB’s coffee order right? This is gonna be a joke.

As of right now.... I’m gonna say I’m wrong again. It’s only 1 win. Flores hasn’t proven anything. He’s made a ton of mistakes. BUT from what I can see.... He’s learned from his mistakes, and the team is improving even though we have almost no talent on the roster. I am giving Credit where it’s due. Brian Flores, at least for right now, has proven me wrong again.
He was the defensive coordinator and held every other position you can hold in NE. He is qualified to be a head coach.

He started out as a scouting assistant, other words down the bottom of the pile and worked his way up never being demoted or fired to play caller for the defence. The next step was always HC, of which early indications shows he is heading in the right direction. He has taken a roster turned it over just a week out from the start of the season from a joke to some sort of respectability. Still a long way to go but this was never regardless of any players jettisoned or traded going to be a quick fix. I think there is a light at the end of the tunnel with him.

Just found this Adam Gase taco clip its funny as hell. Adam Gase sure is a creepy dude. This isn't photoshopped this is really how he looked in his intorductory press conference with the jets lmao

He is overrated,Egotistical, and a piss poor leader.. IMO How are you gonna get proclaimed a QB guru when you have a 40 year old peyton manning and 36 year old Jay Cutler your coaching. Im sorry but you don't coach 40 year old Peyton he coaches you lol.

his greatest accomplishment is tricking 2 franchises into selling out to get him and firing the G.M. his first month in the job with the jets, oh yeah and bringing that piece of trash cutler here uggh. Guy must be doing some jedi mind tricks to these owners

I was one of the Adam Gase fans also- boy was I wrong. but in all of our defense, look who was before him. One mans trash etc..
In my eyes he still is a genius over some of the slackers we had coaching here and that's sad!

Flip side I did like Dan Campbell better than Gase and was pissed when he didn't get the job.

Got to break a few eggs to make an omelet.
Flores was the right choice IMO- he has a lot to offer this organization.

I was all in on Gase too, was confident we found our coach (haha good call). Lots of unfortunate things happened to Adam in 2017 and 2018 and the same thing is happening with the Jets. Makes you wonder. Also, the penalties, Gase spoke tirelessly about getting those cleaned up. Flores has done it already. It seems like if Adam had agreed to stay during this rebuild it would have been a disaster in the long run. Thanks goodness for his ego being too big (I think Adam truly believes he can win with guys he's coached in the past and likes).

This Flores team has looked about what I had hoped it would since week 5. A tough, disciplined, fundamentally and schematically sound team that just doesn't have the talent to win a lot of games. I think he's getting about what he can out of this current Roster and we will likely, and unfortunately, give most of the remaining teams on our schedule a hard time. I'm not going all in on Flores until I see some consistent winning though. I made that mistake with Adam and Tony (never really like Philbin after hard Knocks, seemed like a weak personality) and won't be fooled again.

Back
Top Bottom