Ed McCaffery retires... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ed McCaffery retires...

Samphin

Dolphins Homer
Reaction score
Just saw it on ESPNews. Big Ed had decided to retire. Does this alter Denver's drafting strategy? Could they now be wanting to pick another wideout in April? I know they have Lelie and Smith but...

I think they could be. Rod Smith is still a good one. But it's time to start looking at a replacement.

Good luck in the future Ed, although I hate Denver, I respect McCaffery. That dude took some memorable highlight reel hits over the years and held onto the ball every time. His QB's just loved hanging him out to dry over the middle. Good luck tough nuts!

Originally posted by Samphin
Thats right, I forgot they were a playoff team. Carry on!
because the Dolts D sat down and let them run all over them

I still say the Colts screwed us on purpose b/c they have serious trouble beating us. What is Manning, 3-8 versus the Fins?

This only means that Lelie is a safer Fantasy Draft pick this year than he was last year.

Originally posted by chambers84
This only means that Lelie is a safer Fantasy Draft pick this year than he was last year.

lol i was going to say the same thing!

although McCaffrey was good, he wasn't "great" by any means.... anyone who's played fantasy football over the last four years can echo that.... he may make the occasional good grab, but as far as affecting that team, him leaving might go unnoticed offensively. however, the removal of portis from that system will have monumental effects. Griffin ain't gonna have the impact portis did...

That's one less white WR. Not that it matters... it's just that they're few and far between...:lol:

WR would have been high on Denver's draft board even if McCaffrey didn't retire.

The broncos are looking at WR, TE and Defensive line come draft time. Ashlie lelie was the #2 wr last year and he looked like James mcknight dropping huge passes in key situations. It's put up or shut come this season for Lelie

There's a lot of white WR's playing. There's Joe Jurevicius and then there's, hmmm. Let me think about that for a while.

Kevin Curtis. Tim Dwight. Finneran. Jurevicius. Stokley. Chrebet. That's pathetic.

Oh ya Drew Bennett.

Back
Top Bottom