EDGE and LBs: Best scheme fit | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

EDGE and LBs: Best scheme fit

Another fit at DE that I haven't seen mentioned is Basham.

Agree with Parsons and Collins at linebacker, with Collins most likely available at #18. If Miami wants Parsons, not sure he gets out of top 10.
I’m very high on Boogie Basham! I love his motor. He isn’t elite at any one thing but is good at everything IMO.

I’m very high on Boogie Basham! I love his motor. He isn’t elite at any one thing but is good at everything IMO.
I read somewhere that he was constantly double-teamed in 2020 and he was still productive. I think he will get a lot of quarterback pressures and a few sacks, not to mention playing plus run defense. I like him a lot as well.

I read somewhere that he was constantly double-teamed in 2020 and he was still productive. I think he will get a lot of quarterback pressures and a few sacks, not to mention playing plus run defense. I like him a lot as well.
Yea he did. He has very good IQ/fllotball instincts. Plays with great leverage, chases well down the line and is a violent tackler. Has really good/violent hands at POA against OLmen. May not ever be a double digit sacks kind of guy, but he’s gona be real consistent and get 1/2 sack per game type stats with constant QB pressures. Would love to get him in round 2. I’m personally not real high on any of the edge guys in round 1, would rather get our edge guy round 2 or 3. I think the value is better in that area.

Parsons and Collins are the obv LB fits - guys who could start in the Van Noy role, then move to the Hightower/McKinney role eventually. Those are the only two I see as good Mike options, and I'm not sure Collins wouldn't just stay outside.

Baron Browning is an excellent fit for the Van Noy role, and I'd definitely keep him there (not even thinking about the possibility of moving him inside).

J. Davis and P. Werner are less obvious fits who could potentially bulk up and play outside. If Werner really bulked up, he could play the Mike, but that's a lot of weight to add.

At DE, Payton Turner is the really obvious fit. Oweh would need to add some weight, but he has the frame, and Paye is more similar to Lawson in build - just a lot more athletic.

There are a bunch of Day 3 guys who have the frame to play DE for Miami. Most just aren't very good.

I keep forgetting about Chauncey Golston, who reminds me some of Trey Flowers. Def a fit for Miami and a pretty good player.
Van Ginkel can fulfill the Van Noi role and that’s one reason the FO cut bait.

Back
Top Bottom