Edge at 36 overall? Buyer beware of these two University of Miami products | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Edge at 36 overall? Buyer beware of these two University of Miami products

Rousseau at one point was considered near the top of the draft. Now I heard Kiper say possibly second round. I think the swerve is over-correcting. I would not be shocked at all if he becomes a Jason Pierre Paul type of disruptor. That is the feel I get.

This isn’t Charles Harris. I think he’s a guy who you strongly consider at 18. Just my view.

Agree and a lot of team that pass on him will be kicking themselves for it down the road

So where should he go, if you had the pick? Top 10?

18 sounds good to me

If he had more than one season playing DE , actually only 8 games that he started top 10 for sure
He was a safety and WR in high school remember and did not get the best coaching at the U IMO

Rousseau is a hard evaluation. He's got those long arms and seems to win with power, which means he may have strong hands. I know that's important for Flores.

He certainly doesn't appear to be very fast, or explosive. But have to love his production, even though it was really one season.

Jaelan Phillips fits our defense to a T. By jettisoning both Kyle Van Noy AND Shaq Lawson we put ourselves right back into the precarious position of lacking pass rushers on a defense predicated on takeaways that come as a result of a fierce pass rush and a team that is built around protecting a lead generated by that defense. House of cards falls down without those pass rushers, and Andrew Van Ginkel can only man one of those spots, so we need another starter and one reserve to cover for injuries and rotations. One of those top three picks of ours (#6, #18, and #36) must go to a hybrid edge rusher. They'll all surely be gone by the time our #50 pick comes around, so back half of round 1 or early round 2 is our only shot for an effective, instant-starting edge. Then I'm wholly on board with drafting a developmental guy like UVa's OLB/DE Charles Snowden, who at 6'6 with speed, quickness, agility, tackling, motor and great smarts will be a dynamite prospect once he heals up and bulks up a bit.

Jaelan Phillips needs to be on our radar at #18, and if he's not the pick, then it kinda needs to be Zaven Collins, who is the other guy who can fill this role for us right away.

At this point and just based on what Flores likes, I think Roche might make the most sense of the 3. phillips has the medical flags and Rousseau with that small body of work and not a good pro day but Roche seems steady and can do different things......at 50 I'd consider him depending on how the draft has gone up to that point.

I consider the hypothetical healthy Jaelen Phillips a top 10, even top 6 pick in most drafts. But we seem to have a large variety of injury risks on the team, so I'm hesitant on Phillips.

I consider the hypothetical healthy Jaelen Phillips a top 10, even top 6 pick in most drafts. But we seem to have a large variety of injury risks on the team, so I'm hesitant on Phillips.

He had 2 concussions several years ago and none since but it's something to consider

Pitts had a concussion this season and no one even mentions it :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom