Edmunds Vs. Smith | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Edmunds Vs. Smith

Csonked Out

Club Member
Reaction score
Who does everyone prefer and why, if we go linebacker at 11. I go back and forth on almost a daily basis myself. Lately it has been Smith for me because he flashes more on game tape. Edmunds just isnt as productive as he should be for how athletically gifted Edmunds is. I reserve the right to change my mind though.

Who does everyone prefer and why, if we go linebacker at 11. I go back and forth on almost a daily basis myself. Lately it has been Smith for me because he flashes more on game tape. Edmunds just isnt as productive as he should be for how athletically gifted Edmunds is. I reserve the right to change my mind though.

Yes, but he is only 19!

So Tremaine Edmunds is the kid of our very own former Dolphins TE Ferrell Edmunds, who was awesome!!! He has the best blend of size and athleticism, and is only 19. Smith is the better player now ... but if I had to choose I might just bet on developing the athletic gifts of Tremaine Edmunds just like we did his dad Ferrell Edmunds. Some guys can develop ... some guys can't. Ferrell Edmunds was a mid round gem because he could be developed ... so I'm inclined to think Tremaine Edmunds can as well. Just my $0.02.

I would love a young core defense of McMillian, Edmunds, Anthony, Phillips, Godchaux, Taylor, Harris, Lippett, Howard, Tank, McCain. Those are 11 young guys that I would feel really good about.

I think Edmunds, just hoping he can become the monster he has the potential to be. Can he learn to diagnose plays better?

Long term I'm leaning Edward's, but immediate impact? Smith. Like others, I'll take either long term

Isn't Edmunds more of a SAM which we need, where as Smith is a WILL? My only concern with Smith outside of his size and staying healthy, is where does he fit position wise. I want to keep RM in the middle as originally intended. But Smith seems a little better against the pass potentially than Edmunds. It's a tough call.

Totally agree! I also feel like we get an extra pick w/ McMillan coming back. (hopefully) Either way it should be two good lbers!

I am good either way. Smith brings so much speed, coverage ability and sure tackling he would be a rea weapon to help us get some actual consistency on D.

I don’t know how I feel about picking between these two. Like others have said, it seems like a win-win. Now I may be wrong so please correct me if i am but...

My impression is that Edmunds is more of your historically prototypical LB where he has size, strength and enough speed to play.

And the case for Smith is that he is the more modern style of LB with a ton more speed, and good coverage skills. Also much smaller than typical (230 vs 240-260) but we have seen smaller LBs play big roles like Kuechly and Shazier, although injuries are an issue for both all star players.

Also this entire framework is based on the idea that in today’s game, the differences from Will to Sam and Mike are diminishing, to the point that most quality players can effectively play at least two of the positions, if not all three

Smith. He’s a play maker and non stop motor. Edmunds worries me for some reason. He was a non factor against the U. I know he has potential to be great but I like Smith he’s shown more every wk for Ga.

Back
Top Bottom