Educated Fans Question | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Educated Fans Question

J-E-T-S

Down with the Fins
Reaction score
Hey guys, I respect many of your opinions, and so I want to see what you thought. Some guy on theganggreen forum posted that Coles is a 3th Receiver, Chrebet is a 4 and that the Jets lack weapons on offense. I wanted to see what some knowledgable fans over here thought. Oh, and he was a Jet fan.

Well if Coles got to play against Sam Madison every week he would probably lead the league in TD's. In all seriousness that guy if foolish the JETS have plenty of weapons on Offense Coles, Chrebet, Moss and Becht is pretty darn respectible. Let's not forget about Curtis Martin and OLD MAN VINNY. The Jets offense will be fine this season. I always say that if Herm had let them go earlier in the playoff game against the Raiders as opposed to being obsessed with establishing the run they my have had a better chance at winning that game. They scored on almost every possession after the coaches let Vinny throw on just about every down.

z28, why are you ripping madison????? I think that Coles is a # 1 receiver, but i would say that Chrebet is a #3, im sorry, but he is more of a possesion receiver like Dedric ward is for us......... and i think that santana moss will not be able to make it in the nfl..... sorry, but he is really small and i just dont see it. maybe im wrong......

He wasn't ripping Madison. Coles had 3 TD's in 1 on 1 coverage right on Madison the last 2 years, plus another one in Miami, where I think Fletcher messed up.

Going back to the original question I do see Coles as a speed based #3 reciever. I see Cherbet as a possession based #2. I see Moss as a potential #1 guy. I see the over group of the wideouts as a middle of the pack group.
Also I really do not have much reguard for Vinny as a quarterback, and have not had much for a long time. Also I do not have a lot of confidence in Paul Hackett as an offensive co-ordinator. I was appaled at the job he did at USC.

Originally posted by mf52dolphin
Going back to the original question I do see Coles as a speed based #3 reciever. I see Cherbet as a possession based #2. I see Moss as a potential #1 guy. I see the over group of the wideouts as a middle of the pack group.
Also I really do not have much reguard for Vinny as a quarterback, and have not had much for a long time. Also I do not have a lot of confidence in Paul Hackett as an offensive co-ordinator. I was appaled at the job he did at USC.

Coles # 3? Coles is the better of the three period...Coles is a legitimate #1 receier(The best height out of the three at 6'1.).Cherbet is a good slot receiver that can also play the outside..Moss height tells me he is meant for the slot but maybe as season goes by he can become the starter opposite to coles(so that cherbet becomes the slot receiver.).

J-E-T-S:
Are the jets playing Moss as slot receiver or they slide him to the outside when he comes into play?Did they even stick with Cherbet as #2 ?

Coles is a very solid #1. Few teams would have Coles as a #2 WR. Maybe its just me, but I think Chrebet is on the decline. Although he is a clutch player. The jury is still out on Moss. He could become a steady starter or a first round bust.

From what I've read/heard/seen, Moss will be on the outside as #3. On 3rd downs for example, it will be Moss and Coles outside, with Chrebet working the middle where he is best.

The Jets have plenty of weapons on offense. Curtis Martin needs no introduction. The guy is a Hall of Famer. One of the smallest starting RBs in the league. Yet he's easily one of the most durable and productive. What impresses me most is his deceptive power and ability to get positive yardage on "hopeless" plays. IMO he's "Faulk Lite". Martin also has a tremendous work ethic and loves the game. So much for "no introduction". :)

I think Coles is easily a #1 WR. He's got good size, strength, and speed. And every year he gets better and better as a WR. Remember, Coles had to sit out 1 yr because of that Dillards fiasco with Peter Warrick at FSU. So he came to the Jets having not played ball in 2 years. He certainly would have been a #1 pick if he had played (still was a #2). And now he's really starting to emerge. People think Moss is fast.....Coles is the fastest player in FSU history. Faster than Deion. Dude ran a 4.18.

Moss has that elusiveness and unbelievable quickness/shiftiness to go with his blazing speed. I really can't say what he will be until I see him over the course of a season.

And anyone who says Chrebet is a #4 is a complete idiot. He's quick. He's strong. He has great hands. And most importantly, HE GETS OPEN. Especially in crunch time. Chrebet is a clutch player who brings it on every down. Moss could very well take his job sooner or later. But Chrebet is a solid WR.

These are all solid offensive players. And the Jets also have a stud in Lamont Jordan, an emerging TE in Becht, and a dangerous receiving FB in Richie Anderson (88 receptions in 2000). And no one can forget about that offensive line.

As for Vinny, he's a prime time player as well. I think he's going to have some great performances this year. The Jets are going to be just fine if injuries and/or Paul Hackett don't screw it up.

I think Coles is a pretty good WR and is definetly starting quality, Chrebet doesn't have the tools but is certainly an overachiever. I think the problem with the Jets is that they don't have any big WRs but they do have talent there.

WR 87 Laverneus Coles 80 Wayne Chrebet 83 Santana Moss 82 Kevin Swayne *14 Korey Bailey

J-E-T-S, there is a lagitimate concern with the Jets receivers. You're not very deep there. Coles has great hands and is a good receiver but he only seems to have good games against the Phins. The concern with the Jets receivers is you're not deep. The Jets fan on Gang Green has some lagitimate concerns but not with the quality of Coles but with the Depth of the Jets receiving corp. Moss likely cant handle the physical NFL and could be oft injured. Should Coles also get injured the Jets would be sunk.

I like the trio, but don't really see a legit number 1. Coles to me would the perfect number 2. He doesn't show up every game and hasn't established himself as the go-to WR yet.

Chrebet is also a good number 2 WR, he is a guy who like to have on your side in clutch situations.

I am one of few people who didn't want the Phins to draft Moss when he was coming out...I see his career like a Desmond Howard, great college career but turns out to make his mark in the NFL as a returner.

Overall, I'd take the Phins WR core because of our depth, but the Jits have no slouchs there at all...I think they are just lacking a big,posession type like Orande to be a complete corps.

Originally posted by Muck
The Jets have plenty of weapons on offense. Curtis Martin needs no introduction. The guy is a Hall of Famer. One of the smallest starting RBs in the league. Yet he's easily one of the most durable and productive. What impresses me most is his deceptive power and ability to get positive yardage on "hopeless" plays. IMO he's "Faulk Lite". Martin also has a tremendous work ethic and loves the game. So much for "no introduction". :)

I think Coles is easily a #1 WR. He's got good size, strength, and speed. And every year he gets better and better as a WR. Remember, Coles had to sit out 1 yr because of that Dillards fiasco with Peter Warrick at FSU. So he came to the Jets having not played ball in 2 years. He certainly would have been a #1 pick if he had played (still was a #2). And now he's really starting to emerge. People think Moss is fast.....Coles is the fastest player in FSU history. Faster than Deion. Dude ran a 4.18.

Moss has that elusiveness and unbelievable quickness/shiftiness to go with his blazing speed. I really can't say what he will be until I see him over the course of a season.

And anyone who says Chrebet is a #4 is a complete idiot. He's quick. He's strong. He has great hands. And most importantly, HE GETS OPEN. Especially in crunch time. Chrebet is a clutch player who brings it on every down. Moss could very well take his job sooner or later. But Chrebet is a solid WR.

These are all solid offensive players. And the Jets also have a stud in Lamont Jordan, an emerging TE in Becht, and a dangerous receiving FB in Richie Anderson (88 receptions in 2000). And no one can forget about that offensive line.

As for Vinny, he's a prime time player as well. I think he's going to have some great performances this year. The Jets are going to be just fine if injuries and/or Paul Hackett don't screw it up.

Ditto.. Chrebet is a solid slot receiver..I think a number of teams will tell you that..He's burn too many of them. We defintely know. I'm not comfortable if he has a one on one with Flecther..whew,,Pat can barely stay with the guy..

HEy, i know this is supposed to be respectful..... BUT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE JETS LIKE THEY ARE THE FINS!!!!!!!!! "They will be fine" STOP YOUR SCARING THE **** OUT OF ME!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom