Edwards #1 on Miami's board?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Edwards #1 on Miami's board??

J Tes

next generation
Reaction score
According to John Clayton.He went on to say if Cleveland wont swap picks with us, Edwards our guy.

I don't see it. I don't see Nick Saban taking Edwards over Brown if we can't move down. Edwards is a smoke screen, IMO.

What about Minny/T Bay/Washington?

I think they are still players in it all.

Even though Nick is not talking to anyone...the consensus appears to be on us taking Braylon Edwards....we could always deal him to the Vikes afterwards???

KB21 said:
I don't see it. I don't see Nick Saban taking Edwards over Brown if we can't move down. Edwards is a smoke screen, IMO.
I agree. Saban knows that Edwards is coveted by many, and is trying to convince them if they dont make the move up he'll pick him. I'm really starting to believe that Miami will not be picking at #2.

f it , take him,,we need a back, but edwards is too silly to pass up... maybe we can get jj with our 2nd rounder.

we will have no idea what is going on until we hear who the 9ers pick. IF they pick Rodgers, TB will try and trade up with us. Otherwise it will either be Minny or Washington. How exciting/annoying is this?

KB21 said:

lol, if there is a thread about Edwards at #2 KB will be there to say pick Brown instead! Damn Ronnie Brown lovers...

The thing is, I would be fine with taking Edwards.. BUT.. I would much rather just trade down! Its not that I dont like him, but the extra picks are key- and Nick is clearly after quantity.

KB21 said:

Ill bet anyone $50.....

That if we dont trade down for two 1st round picks......(my first choice)

We take Edwards.

For the value of trade purposes and as well as he is the BPA.

Phinfan31 said:
lol, if there is a thread about Edwards at #2 KB will be there to say pick Brown instead! Damn Ronnie Brown lovers...

It's not about being a Ronnie Brown lover. It's about looking at the whole picture. Ronnie Brown brings more to the offense then Braylon does. Braylon only catches the ball, Ronnie Does that and more.

J Tes said:
According to John Clayton.He went on to say if Cleveland wont swap picks with us, Edwards our guy.
Wouldn't it be sweat to swap picks with Cleveland and pick up another 2nd rounder? We would still be able to get Ronnie Brown.

I think everybody should agree not to B*tch about any of our picks until they actually play a game for us. Agreed?

Nublar7 said:
Wouldn't it be sweat to swap picks with Cleveland and pick up another 2nd rounder? We would still be able to get Ronnie Brown.

Yes that would be very sweet. :)

Gitrdone said:
It's not about being a Ronnie Brown lover. It's about looking at the whole picture. Ronnie Brown brings more to the offense then Braylon does. Braylon only catches the ball, Ronnie Does that and more.

Yes but when you look at the bigger bigger picture and cap implications a WR at #2 in Edwards or Williams is a better investment then say a Ronnie Brown who based on law of averages has a 4 year life span.

Trust me Edwards or Williams plus Marion Barber in the 2nd is better cap wise and the future for us.

Not only that but if we take Brown that leaves no clear QB or WR that will be worth or left by our 2nd round pick.

Also I would take Benson before Brown. Brown was the 3rd back coming into this draft before his workout heroics.

I will take a RB who has shown in 12 games a season he can get it done rather then a back who has shown the equivalent of 7-8 games due to sharing carries. Plus, they are now jumping to atleast 4 extra games a season. That is a huge step especially if you aren't used to carrying the ball atleast 25 times a game for not even 9 games a season.

I am not saying that Brown will be a bust by any means. It would just be a horrible investment at #2 especially if Williams, Edwards or Smith are still options.

Back
Top Bottom