Edwards and Williams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Edwards and Williams

DcRy82 said:
who ever drafts mike williams will be my second favorite team in the NFL.. but if its miami then that is fan-friggin-tastic

just imagine the jets or bills or pats pick him....... :roflmao:

Edwards had 4 great years of 1000+ yard seasons and came through consistently in clutch games, is faster, more experienced and actually played last year. Williams showed that he is a great receiver as well but really only had the one (sophmore) breakout season and hasn't played since (last year off). Was his sophmore year just 'every dog has it's day' or can he consistently produce like that? Edwards gave up going pro to return his senior year....shows more committment and loyalty...whereas Williams, after one great season, felt he should go pro. Edwards has accomplished more thus far and they both have the same amount of potential while Edwards has shown more maturity, loyalty and committment. Also, Williams only negative side (besides his lack of consistent performance year after year and missing last year) is that he struggles to keep his weight down and this will only get harder as his metabolism slows. Many project him moving to TE and if we draft a WR I want a WR...now and 4 years from now that can produce at that position. IMHO....Edwards is a better long-term prospect who has proven himself more in the collegiate ranks.

Just my $.02...not that Williams wouldn't be a good pickup (I'm not against him, I just think Edwards is the better choice). Many have Troy Wililamson potentially being the best WR pick 5 years down the road so who knows....

Al13 said:
just imagine the jets or bills or pats pick him....... :roflmao:

He'll be long gone before they pick unless they trade up by ponying up alot of picks.

Back
Top Bottom