Edwards and Williams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Edwards and Williams

elamin011

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Just wondering why people want edwards over williams. Personally i think williams is going to have the best impact from this years draft so let me know why people have us taking edwards over williams.

I would bet the main reason is because Williams has been out of football for over a year. I know this probably has no significance at all, but I bet that is the main worry.

elamin011 said:
Just wondering why people want edwards over williams. Personally i think williams is going to have the best impact from this years draft so let me know why people have us taking edwards over williams.

Just wondering why people want Edwards OR Williams. We don't need a WR as bad as other positions.

I wonder what sort of numbers Braylon Edwards puts up playing on a National Championship Team at USC with Carson Palmer throwing him the ball?

being out of football for a year has a huge significance. if it didnt then he wouldnt drop behind edwards.imo williams has more raw talent then edwards but edwards has played this past year looks better on paper. edwards has better technique then williams. but if i had to chose between the two i would select williams because you can just tell hes a play maker.im not saying edwards isnt but u feel williams presence on a feild more then edwards.

I think the only edge that Braylon has over Mike Williams is he played last season......but I don't think that much seperates them...they are both excellent receivers. I just love the way Braylon can go up and snag the ball the way Moss does....if we were not as deep at receiver, i would risk a 2nd on him, but I have to go with Ronnie Brown, if we don't trade down.

I honestly do not think that there is a player in this draft that can effect our Offense as much as Mike Williams can from day one!!

I hope we draft him.

AZStryker said:
Just wondering why people want Edwards OR Williams. We don't need a WR as bad as other positions.
they are the best two players in the draft.

Our WRs aren't as rosey as it may seem. I do believe that we need a legit #1 WR, both Edwards and Williams are that.

finsnchips said:

Our WRs aren't as rosey as it may seem. I do believe that we need a legit #1 WR, both Edwards and Williams are that.

We each have our favorites and they play the same position. So we tend to 'butt heads" a little bit.

But I would be thrilled if we drafted Mike Williams.

He is number 2 on "my board"......

(however he is still slow :))

Edwards is a sideline blur who can also split the seam and turn a routine 15 yard toss into 6 points. So I can understand the preference of Edwards, even if I don't agree.

At RB I prioritize instincts and elusivness, and at WR I prioritize hands and combativeness. IMO, Mike Williams has it all over Edwards in those categories. Even when Edwards made a nice catch, it always looked like a semi-fluke, like he almost didn't catch it. Mike Williams has claws, huge and freakish.

he is not slow..... 4.56 is not slow by any means. have you ever ran a 40 yard dash???? how bout anquan boldin who ran a 4.7 at the combine....yea he sucks doesnt he?? he only had 101 catches and made the pro bowl as a rookie, but since he ran a 4.7 he isnt as good as charles rodgers...look where that got the lions.

who ever drafts mike williams will be my second favorite team in the NFL.. but if its miami then that is fan-friggin-tastic

finsnchips said:

Doh Marge! Ok if I concede that they are better, and believe me it would be argued easliy otherwise, then they would be rated only SLIGHTLY ahead of Smith, Brown, Benson and Caddy. Hmmm...now which do we need more?? Where should we add talent if the ratings are as stated. Favorite schools/players are one thing, the best interests of our team is another.

DcRy82 said:
he is not slow..... 4.56 is not slow by any means. have you ever ran a 40 yard dash???? how bout anquan boldin who ran a 4.7 at the combine....yea he sucks doesnt he?? he only had 101 catches and made the pro bowl as a rookie, but since he ran a 4.7 he isnt as good as charles rodgers...look where that got the lions.

I run a 4.7 :tongue:

Well I did my sophmore year in HS. Probably about a 5.2 now. :lol:

This is purely subjective. And perhaps influenced by my longheld preference for Williams and not Edwards. But after watching both of them interviewed in the past week, Edwards on Best Damn and Williams on Sportscenter, I thought Williams came across as much more mature and well spoken. He talked about working with Cris Carter and how much it helped understand the position and dedicate himself to football. Overall he just sounded more thoughtful. Edwards sat there wearing two prominent earrings, which admittedly doesn't inspire my confidence.

Back
Top Bottom