Edwards at 2? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Edwards at 2?

GrnMtnMan

There's no school like The Old School
Reaction score
Am alone in thinking we take Edwards at 2 and keeping him if we can't find a taker? I would be ecstatic to keep Edwards or drafting him and trading down to say the 5-10 and a second pick later in the draft?

I like Edwards and would be happy seeing him in a Dolphins Uni. I would like to trade down maybe 1-4 spots and pick up a draft pick or two though. I think we'd still be able to pick him or Mike Williams up if we trade down a little bit.

I'm not sure we need another receiver, but I wouldn't be against it. He is a great talent and a playmaker. I would hate to see us lose Chambers or Booker though.

UltraDol-Fan said:
I'm not sure we need another receiver, but I wouldn't be against it. He is a great talent and a playmaker. I would hate to see us lose Chambers or Booker though.

I agree, I don't think we need another reciever. Booker and Chambers are more then sufficient, Edwards may be one of the best on the draft board, but this team really needs to take a QB.

But the old saying "A bird in hand is better than two in the bush". If we draft him, then we hold the rights to him and I'm guessing there are a couple of teams out there drooling over him. Dunno if this is the best idea or not, but the more I think about it the more I like it. Sure the QB's are nice, but too many of them bomb in a big way. I like Edwards as a talent and if the O-line is at least serviceable opening up the field with receivers would be nice for the RB's we have in house.

I agree with you.You cant take a HB when there are 10 good ones.Its a gamble.2 will be great out of 10.With the #2 pick you cant draft a need.You take the best player in the draft.Edwards by far is the best player in the draft.He is a work horse who refuses to be a BUST.

I think if they do draft Edwards it will shock and upset quite a few teams, I have to believe that most teams really feel if the Fins stay at the #2 spot that they will draft a RB or QB, there a quite a few teams I think that feel they will have a shot at Edwards, starting with the 4th pick and down.

I don't think there will be as many teams upset if they loose out on the QB's or one of the RB's, so perhaps drating Edwards dangle him as trade bait and if nobody bites you still have possibly the best overall player in the draft.

GrnMtnMan said:
But the old saying "A bird in hand is better than two in the bush". If we draft him, then we hold the rights to him and I'm guessing there are a couple of teams out there drooling over him. Dunno if this is the best idea or not, but the more I think about it the more I like it. Sure the QB's are nice, but too many of them bomb in a big way. I like Edwards as a talent and if the O-line is at least serviceable opening up the field with receivers would be nice for the RB's we have in house.

I think the mentality of not drafting a QB because too many of them bomb is the reason why this team is in desperate need of a QB; if they would have spent a pick on Brees a few years back, we may or may not be talking about drafting a QB.

To draft a player in hopes that you hold his rights in a position that we are good I think will put us more in a hole then if we draft what we need, either a qb or rb.

Wouldn't be against it. Would prefer Mike Williams though.

kingfin said:
I agree with you.You cant take a HB when there are 10 good ones.Its a gamble.2 will be great out of 10.With the #2 pick you cant draft a need.You take the best player in the draft.Edwards by far is the best player in the draft.He is a work horse who refuses to be a BUST.

I don't know if he is by far the best player in the draft....williams (mike) or (caddy) might have something to say about that.

that being said....i don't think it would be a bad idea to draft him at all.....I actually would rather have mike.

kingfin said:
that is a ridiculous comment...

He's not necessarily the #1 WR.

Personally, I rate Mike Williams higher... and I believe that the Vikings have Troy Williamson as the highest rated player.

PhinPhreak said:
I think if they do draft Edwards it will shock and upset quite a few teams, I have to believe that most teams really feel if the Fins stay at the #2 spot that they will draft a RB or QB, there a quite a few teams I think that feel they will have a shot at Edwards, starting with the 4th pick and down.

I don't think there will be as many teams upset if they loose out on the QB's or one of the RB's, so perhaps drating Edwards dangle him as trade bait and if nobody bites you still have possibly the best overall player in the draft.

Agreed. That's a good idea.

I think Edwards is the BPA, and I also think that Linehan will pushing for him. It is just a guess, but I think Linehan would like to have more of a Randy Moss type WR than a all-pro RB. I think he has proven in Minny that his offense can succedd with mediocer RB (and a all-pro o-line). If we feel the o-line can open some holes for Gordan, Morris and a later draft pick enough to keep some teams honest, then the combo of Edwards, Chambers, Booker, and McMichael is darn scary.

Edwards at 2 = smoke screen to find a trade partner. I like it!!

Back
Top Bottom