Edwards declines larger contract with Pack in favor of Vet Min with Miami. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Edwards declines larger contract with Pack in favor of Vet Min with Miami.

Sounds like he wants a fresh start....or perhaps he was enticed with the impression the FO/DW gave him of his chances of getting the starting safety job with us...meaning that perhaps RS/DW are still not sure that Freeman is the guy they want back there...or perhaps Knight is not the guy they want back there after this year....(giving Edwards a year in the system as a backup/dime guy before they cut Knight loose) ???

Originally posted by LarryFinFan
Sounds like he wants a fresh start....or perhaps he was enticed with the impression the FO/DW gave him of his chances of getting the starting safety job with us...meaning that perhaps RS/DW are still not sure that Freeman is the guy they want back there...or perhaps Knight is not the guy they want back there after this year....(giving Edwards a year in the system as a backup/dime guy before they cut Knight loose) ???

well they do need to make sure that they push freeman not just hand him the job gotta keep him on his toes

We have offically signed Edwards :woot:. Welcome to the Dolphins Antwan Edwards. Also the espn article said Edwards and Freeman will compete for FS and while Knight will stay at SS. It looks like Knight will stay at SS and Edwards will only compete for FS. AWESOME..Including Edwards will have signed 11 players so far...WAY TO GO RICK!!!!!!!!!

Ithink RS is doing the same thing he did with Mad and Howard, make us 3 deep as far as starting talent. Noone is handed teh job, the only one absolutely guarenteed a starting spot in the secondary is Surtain. Madison will probably lock up th e other spot as will Knight. but we have options and depth, which is now becomes a bigger strength.

I think it might spell the end for Wooden, will probably have to beat out Atkins.

Welcome to Miami Antuan. Lets hope you stay injury free and become the safety everyone thought you were coming out of college.

Welcome to Miami Antuan. Lets hope you stay injury free and become the safety everyone thought you were coming out of college.

AMEN brother u said it :rocker:

We have a lot of depth almost everywhere now. A little thin at LB and we'll see about the o-line but other than that I'm fine with our depth.

Ozzy rules!!

also read that cb mike mckenzie wants out of green bay. guess with all that cheeze there must be a "rat" somewhere in management.

Miami may keep 5 safeties. They kept 5 last year, and I believe they may have had 6 at one point. I'm not exactly sure of when McGarahan was released.

Originally posted by dodge
also read that cb mike mckenzie wants out of green bay.

He's a greedy a** player & does not deserve near the amount of money he wants. He ain't a top corner.

Back
Top Bottom