Edwards not likely? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Edwards not likely?

Phinfan31

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Is Edwards not really an option? When he had his interview on NFL Network they NEVER mentioned the #2 pick - Miami. They only talked about the 49ers and Vikings...and never even considered Miami. Braylon seemed like he was set on one of those teams...Im just wondering why Miami was never brought up at any point in their conversation...nobody seems to think we would do that.

I think this stuff about who is going where is like a fad. Popular one day and forgotten the next. His name may pop back up though like fashion or fads. IMO, I'm at the point where I would be happy with Smith, Brown or Edwards.

Phinfan31 said:
Is Edwards not really an option? When he had his interview on NFL Network they NEVER mentioned the #2 pick - Miami. They only talked about the 49ers and Vikings...and never even considered Miami. Braylon seemed like he was set on one of those teams...Im just wondering why Miami was never brought up at any point in their conversation...nobody seems to think we would do that.

I hope the Vikes do want him so we can trade with them.

How can he say....when he doesn't know what team will select him....right now...to him all 32 teams look good.

Edwards WANTS to be picked in the top 2....for the money. He doesn't care who picks him. He's already stated himself that he believes he's the #1 player (san jose mercury). Don't want him...never have.

As for players who are brought in (or not) by teams....I honestly teams don't bring in certain players because they already know what they want to know about the guy....whether they want to pick him or not. I think that a lot of the players brought in are there to answer questions that teams STILL have. Of course that not the only reason i.e. later picks/rookie free agents but I do think that coaches and GM's already (not matter what Saban says) have an idea on most of the guys they are looking at in the draft.

If Miami has already fully evaluated Edwards they could potentially go out of their way not to bring him in.....especially if Saban is interested in him. It has happened a few times in the past when a team doesn't mention a individual they are extremly interested in as a smoke screen so they can pick him when it's their turn.

That's what happened when BUFF picked McGahee......they had no representation during his final open workouts so everyone assumed they had absolutely zero interest in him.

so-long-Ricky said:
If Miami has already fully evaluated Edwards they could potentially go out of their way not to bring him in.....especially if Saban is interested in him. It has happened a few times in the past when a team doesn't mention a individual they are extremly interested in as a smoke screen so they can pick him when it's their turn.

That's what happened when BUFF picked McGahee......they had no representation during his final open workouts so everyone assumed they had absolutely zero interest in him.

But the difference is we WANT teams to think we have interest in him to get more trade suitors to want to trade up. If teams think we have no interest in him, they wont want to trade up with us. We want teams to think we have interest in 3 players, Brown, Edwards, and Smith.

Phinfan31 said:
I'm willing to bet he goes to neithr of those two. Niners hopefully go with Rodgers, and Minnesota is going to take Mike Williams or Troy Williamson. I think Edwards ends up in Cleveland.

I can't believe i'm agreeing with a Bills fan, but he's right. You never come right out and say you're going to take this guy or that guy. The fact that Miami has had little "interest" in Edwards means nothing. The news reports are only going by what they see or here.

so-long-Ricky said:

Man, as a Hurricane fan that McGahee picture sure does hurt. Every good 'Cane seems to go to a team I don't particularly care for like Vilma(NYJ) D.J. Williams(DEN) Shockey(NYG) McKinnie(MIN) although I can stand the Vikes for some reason...

Anyway back to Braylon, I was reading articles 2 weeks ago where it SEEMED as though we were very interested in him. Could be the smoke screen scheme which so-long-Ricky brought up. To the same extent with Alex Smith although I think Saban would possibly take him.

And the article which said Ronnie Brown hasn't heard from Miami plays further into the 'smoke screen' selection.

Edwards seems to be the majority choice as far as the so called "experts" go regarding the best player in the draft. If the 49's pick a QB I wouldn't be surprised if Saban pulls the trigger on Edwards. Who knows, he could pull a San Diego and trade him a few picks later to a team that's desperate for him.

A win win situation for Miami.

I saw the interviews and all. What is being said is more influenced by what Eisen is saying........Which is basically that miami is losers. Did you notice that NFL Network is talking to the Bills people alot? what for? Yeah they are big players in this draft. I think Eisen wants to dis Miami any way he can since Saban is giving any access. Get it?

I saw the interviews and all. What is being said is more influenced by what Eisen is saying........Which is basically that miami is losers. Did you notice that NFL Network is talking to the Bills people alot? what for? Yeah they are big players in this draft. I think Eisen wants to dis Miami any way he can since Saban isnt giving any access. Get it?

Last time I checked it was the teams that draft the players, not the other way around. Braylon can't say who he's going to go too until the ink is dry on his contract. I say we have as much a chance of taking him that we do any of the other guys.

Phinfan31 said:

I certainly hope you are right and he is NOT an option! If Edwards is the BPA, then it is only by the slightest margin. If he were the clear cut "no brainer" pick, then SF would draft him. That being said, we should go RB or QB, and only if we trade out and all the qb's and rb's are gone should we select Edwards.

Back
Top Bottom