Edwards or Merriman @ #2 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Edwards or Merriman @ #2

Awsi Dooger said:
Merriman is more of a certainty to be an NFL star than Ronnie Brown.

I wouldn't fret at all if we took him at #2. I posted last night that a player with Merriman's skills inevitably goes much higher than projected. It's too much of a defensive oriented league to believe all these mocks that are flooded with virtually nothing but offensive players among the top 10.

By your rational that would mean that we should take the kicker from Ohio State...cuz everybody says that he is an instant pro bowler.

saban_era said:
Merriman is also a much better player than Derrick Johnson whose *** is home for quite a few homer-heaven members

Just out of curiousity, when did you become a pro scout??? and give some basis to all the things you are saying, please. Merriman in my opinion will be good none the less, but is a workout warrior, after his meausrments and times, he straight skyrocketed up the draft charts. Did you want him before his workouts?

saban_era said:
Merriman is also a much better player than Derrick Johnson whose *** is home for quite a few homer-heaven members

And if people like DJ better then the RB's, QB's, and WR's, then it seems they have their own independent opinion's as well and could easily say that you are wrong. B/c no one has DJ going to the fins at #2 anymore.....

saban_era said:
odds are the best player of the draft will be taken beyond the first round

"common sense" tells me this
Sure but with you trying to project who that is you're not using common sense. Did you tell everybody a few years ago that every GM was wrong because Tom Brady was going to be the best.

When Merriman has a monster career, I will have the last laugh

saban_era said:
the same day you got your GED

Well thats awesome!! Funny in about a year I will have 3 degrees....what about you? Back your comments about why you want Merrimen and why DJ sucks, and you might get some credibility, instead of making dumb comments towards other members for not having the same opinion as you.

I found a draft guide that says merriman is the best

now I don't have to think for myself and can be accepted in the homer-heaven league of drones

saban_era said:

now I don't have to think for myself and can be accepted in the homer-heaven league of drones

Well you havent said one thing about him other than he is the best.... sounds to me like you either heard about his workout or you like what you read out of a draft guide.....:confused:

saban_era said:

What makes you think merriman is the best or that he will be? Throw you thoughts out there instead of just saying silly stuff about draft guides, common sense, and homers(whatever that has to do w/ this subject)

Section126 said:
Merriman?...Why don't we just take Brock Berlin? Or the Kicker from Ohio State?
Or better yet, Maurice Clarrett.

ether79 said:
What makes you think merriman is the best or that he will be? Throw you thoughts out there instead of just saying silly stuff about draft guides, common sense, and homers(whatever that has to do w/ this subject)

I think he is looking through his draft guides for some things to say about Merriman....

I bet he has never even seen him play!

Back
Top Bottom