Edwards or Merriman @ #2 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Edwards or Merriman @ #2

lllarson_ll said:
I said Merriman would be awesome and got raked over the coals

forget comparisons to Brown, dude is a Pro-bowler

While I'm happy with Brown, Awsi and the initial poster of this thread (not sure if that's you since the screenname has changed?) were DAMN good and took a ton of flack.

Think about it, even if you like Brown more, is there any other player taken in the 1st round that you would take today over Merrimen? If the answer is no (which I think it should be), then at the end of the rookie season it appears these guys were right -

Merrimen is the 2nd best player in that 1st round (and that's only if you prefer Ronnie which some people may not).

I will definitely remember this and value their opinions more favorably come draft time.

At the time...it would have been stupid to take Merriman at #2......

and guess what....if they ran the draft again....I would bet dollars to doughnuts that Ronnie Brown STILL goes #2 ....

So no...you were wrong.....

Had we had a later pick...then your arguement was fine....

This is like coming on here 10 years ago saying we should have taken Terrell Davis in the 1st round....then two years later when he is a pro bowler....you diggin up the thread and saying "I told you so."

I'd rather have Ronnie Brown....and every other executive in the NFL that doesn't have a superstar RB already would say the same thing.

Merriman?...Why don't we just take Brock Berlin? Or the Kicker from Ohio State?

kastofsna120 said:
i said merriman would be a bust. i'm sticking to that

:grouplaug

i thought merriman would be the best LB in the draft, but i thought that was my ACC biased taking over, so i went with most experts in DJ.

i just can't wait for 8 years from now when merriman ends up being average so i can come back and say "HAHAHAHA I TOLD YOU SO I TOLD YOU SO I WAS RIGHT I WAS RIGHT YOU WERE WRONG YOU WERE WRONG LOLOLOL HAHAHAHA"

kastofsna120 said:
i just can't wait for 8 years from now when merriman ends up being average so i can come back and say "HAHAHAHA I TOLD YOU SO I TOLD YOU SO I WAS RIGHT I WAS RIGHT YOU WERE WRONG YOU WERE WRONG LOLOLOL HAHAHAHA"

:sidelol:

seriously kast, your definition of kast is off a lil bit. a first round pick isnt a bust when he wins goes to probowls, wins awards, and has some "average" years.

Nappy Roots said:
:sidelol:

seriously kast, your definition of kast is off a lil bit. a first round pick isnt a bust when he wins goes to probowls, wins awards, and has some "average" years.
my definition of kast: "brilliant young man"

but my definition of bust is tangible

kastofsna120 said:
my definition of kast: "brilliant young man"

but my definition of bust is tangible

god i gotta starting reading what i type :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom