Edwards should of been a Dolphin? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Edwards should of been a Dolphin?

Jt0323

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
On ESPN now they were saying that Miami contacted Edwards and they said they would draft him...they said they were 99% sure they would draft him but then picked brown...what are ur thoughts

It was between him and Ronnie Brown, obviously. The right person was drafted. :)

yeah i think they were tring to say they wanted edwards so the browns would make a trade and they would draft brown at 3 with a pick next year

Actually, sources are saying that Braylon Edwards was only under consideration to be traded. Miami never wanted to draft him for themselves. The Miami Herald stated that there was another player that Miami was looking at with that pick, but it wasn't Braylon Edwards.

As I was saying before the draft, Ronnie Brown was the guy the Dolphins wanted, period.

Someone hit the nail on the head. Brown was never mentioned by the phins. Everyone else was. That makes him their bpa while at the same time rb was obviously their biggest need. no brainer really, edwards was never a serious option, cept to be traded.

we needed a running back big time. AJ would never have time to throw Edwards the ball without a running game. Just look at what happened last year. So drafting a receiver in the first round would of been a waste.

Dont you find it strange that Edwards felt sure and that Brown did not?.It was all part of the strategy to hope Miami's interest in Edwards would leak out.But the Browns were having none of it.They have a good FO now.

I just think we should of drafted Braylon Edwards and then I think someone would of traded for him after we picked him. Even if no one traded for him go to free agency for running back

isnt Anthony Thomas still in free agency?

CrunchTime said:
Dont you find it strange that Edwards felt sure and that Brown did not?.It was all part of the strategy to hope Miami's interest in Edwards would leak out.But the Browns were having none of it.They have a good FO now.

Phil Savage was Nick's personal assistant when he was with the Browns. I always knew that Savage would make a great GM.

I will detail this later, but based on the first day results, the students whipped the teacher. The students being Saban, Savage, and Newsome, whereas the teacher is Belichick. Sometimes, I think Belichick thinks he is outsmarting everyone else when he is actually outsmarting himself. I mean, come on! Logan Mankins in the first round? I don't think anyone had him above the late 2nd to early 3rd round area. Of course, you know that the ESPN guys would swallow their tongues and never criticize the damn northeastern teams.

CrunchTime said:

Great move by the Browns to call our bluff on Edwards, I can remember a similiar scenario like this that happened last year in the draft but can't remember the teams or player.. Something about a dumb coach who gave up a 4th to move up 1 spot for a player nobody wanted... Someone will know what I am talking about.. GreenMonster

Jt0323 said:
On ESPN now they were saying that Miami contacted Edwards and they said they would draft him...they said they were 99% sure they would draft him but then picked brown...what are ur thoughts
And the best part is that Braylon didn't become a Dolphins.:D

Anthony Thomas?! :lol:

we got the total package with brown. a pass catcher, a workhorse, he blocks well, he's got power and speed. becase of his versatility it was the better pick. you can give him the ball 20 times with 3-5 catches in a day, when edwards is talented can only catch the ball 5-8 times a game... brown covers all grounds and FILLS A NEED.

Sure all admit Brown is a more complete runningback but all im saying is there was other options out there if no one wanted to trade up for Edwards after we drafted him if we did

Me personally I hate Anthony Thomas also he stole away Chambers rookie of the year because Bears finally played good 1 year

Back
Top Bottom