Eichenberg | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eichenberg

At this point I would say Hunt is the best lineman on the team.

Love Eich, but 1 game is not enough to crown him #1, IMO.
Probably, but I am not sure. Hunt had a couple of badly blown assignments that killed two plays that helped kill two drives. The really bad one was pulling the wrong way so he collided with Kindley. Hunt immediately signaled all on me. That one hurt bad!!

The stat that kills me is the sack of Tua where it looks like Eichenberg is trucked by the DE. The truth is that Kindley‘s poor technique had him kicking too wide to trip Eichenberg. It looked really bad. The announcers were talking about the power shown by the DE, and it is awkward Kindley that kills us.

I watched 1st quarter again focusing on the line, and Eichenberg looked solid. I did not see a single play that looked like a bad rep during the 1st Qtr.
He’s going to be a home run pick….he reminds me of Kuechenberg…(not just the name)…who also played at Notre Dame and was a pro bowler at both guard and tackle in both Dolphin Super Bowl era’s!

Last edited:
The one holding call Eich had was just a total brain fart and wasnt even necessary. The running back was well wide of the edge of the line and already moving upfield. Eichenberg just grabbed the DE for no reason other than a moment of instinct. He had the guy perfectly blocked and the RB already cleared around. Just silly. It wasnt a situation like he got beat and needed to protect his QB.

I think Eich at LG and Hunt at RG would create a dominant interior wall. Deiters feet aren't agile enough and seems to lack push. Shortest point to Tua is up the gut, build a dominant interior with athletic, nimble-footed run blockers at Tackle spots and that's a really good line. Eich is stout for the interior with no "back down" in him and LT feet. Him at LG would improve Jackson's play due to having to play with a prototype next to him before in sloppy Solomon 😆

I think Eich at LG and Hunt at RG would create a dominant interior wall. Deiters feet aren't agile enough and seems to lack push. Shortest point to Tua is up the gut, build a dominant interior with athletic, nimble-footed run blockers at Tackle spots and that's a really good line. Eich is stout for the interior with no "back down" in him and LT feet. Him at LG would improve Jackson's play due to having to play with a prototype next to him before in sloppy Solomon 😆

So nice to have you posting with us again Big C

Swing by the Lounge were we do march madness stuff all year long

I'm certain he can play LG, but why waste the feet at OG. ORT seems like a great spot since its our blindside.

Back
Top Bottom