Eight NFL teams that did right by their QBs this offseason. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eight NFL teams that did right by their QBs this offseason.

andyahs

Bahamian Redneck
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Rank

Miami Dolphins

Setting aside Tua Tagovailoa's admission that he didn't have the best grasp on the playbook last year, the Dolphins tried to make things a lot easier from him by vastly upgrading his weapons to address what had been a subpar wide receiver group. They signed Will Fuller and then used the sixth overall pick to select the electrifying Jaylen Waddle. They also drafted an NFL-ready lineman in Liam Eichenberg, and provided the young passer a mentor in Jacoby Brissett. And finally, the Dolphins passed on drafting another quarterback, indicating they are totally committed to Tagovailoa.

Most people are underrating our qb. You have all these radio clowns saying we should have drafted a qb etc. Had miami gone that route it would have been an automatic fail. In the even Tua fails, we have extra draft picks if we ever felt the need to draft a qb. However I don't even want to get into those talks. Investing, and developing a qb is the best investment a team can do, and if Tua doesn't develop as a qb I would find it hard to believe we can develop anyone at this point.

We will see soon. On paper we have help Tua out..only time will tell..I think every team in nfl can say this in june...all eye will be on Tua this yr.i am not comparing him to just herbert but all top qb as well. I am expecting big thing out Tua in 2021..Tua u need know playbook.

Last edited:
We will see soon. On paper we have help Tua out..only time will tell..I think every team in nfl can say this in june...all eye will be on Tua this yr.i am not comparing him to just herbert but all top qb as well. I am expecting big thing out Tua in 2021..Tua u need know playbook.
Tom Brady and the Bucs won the SB last year because they happened to have the most talented overall team in the NFL. Yet Brady has stated that he struggled to learn the Bucs playbook and it took him most of the season before he felt somewhat comfortable in the offense.

This was coming from a QB who some consider the GOAT and a QB who had the opportunity to start 19 games in the Bucs offense instead of the only 9 games Tua started for a far less talented Dolphins team.

Funny how Brady can admit to having trouble learning a new offense and no one gets upset but Tua makes a similar comment and all of a sudden it becomes a big issue.

Did Tennessee help their QB that much? They lost Davis and replaced him with an older Jones. They lost a good TE, Smith and didn't replace him at all

Back
Top Bottom