Either/Or Versus And | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Either/Or Versus And

Shouright

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Lots of threads on this board end up containing arguments in which someone presents a position and other people present one opposing it. Unfortunately this creates the illusion that both arguments can't be correct simultaneously.

For example, Belichick was never a genius because he got Tom Brady. It's BRADY who's responsible for Belichick's success.

This is an either/or argument -- it's either Brady or Belichick.

What if it's Brady AND Belichick? What if it's Gus AND the receivers?

I'd encourage people to start thinking along these lines in any thread. We'd probably agree more. Not that agreement is the goal, but it'd probably save a lot of energy.

shouright said:
Lots of threads on this board end up containing arguments in which someone presents a position and other people present one opposing it. Unfortunately this creates the illusion that both arguments can't be correct simultaneously.

For example, Belichick was never a genius because he got Tom Brady. It's BRADY who's responsible for Belichick's success.

This is an either/or argument -- it's either Brady or Belichick.

What if it's Brady AND Belichick? What if it's Gus AND the receivers?

I'd encourage people to start thinking along these lines in any thread. We'd probably agree more. Not that agreement is the goal, but it'd probably save a lot of energy.

I agree, and i solely dont attribute the poor play of the Dolphins to ONLY Gus. Nor do i atrribute the Pats 3 world championships to ONE guy. Football is a team sport, and when you're TEAM fails to perform it's not the fault of just one guy. This team has problem's all over the place, they are not even close to being a playoff team, and will be nothing more than a 6-7 win team like most of us predicted. Thats because we have problems at NUMEROUS positions, not just one.

Back
Top Bottom