Either Smith or nothing | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Either Smith or nothing

dolfinfan3413

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Well it seems like if the 49'ers get Smith we wont be drafting a QB the 1st round.

dolfinfan3413 said:
Well it seems like if the 49'ers get Smith we wont be drafting a QB the 1st round.

Probably not. I obviously don't know but I have a hunch that Smith is number one on our draft board. If the 49ers commit to Rodgers and sign him prior to the draft, Saban's intentions may come out as he, if he's locked in on a player, could then enter into negotiations with him.

it's still no give-in that we will go QB. We need an RB(unless Saban is comfortable with Gordon/Morris/Minor), and Braylon Edwards might be a good choice as well.

but I'll agree with you, IF we draft a QB, it will be Smith.

of course, I think the 9ers might look at D.

ChambersWI said:
it's still no give-in that we will go QB. We need an RB(unless Saban is comfortable with Gordon/Morris/Minor), and Braylon Edwards might be a good choice as well.

but I'll agree with you, IF we draft a QB, it will be Smith.

of course, I think the 9ers might look at D.

Saban's view of the RB position may crystalize soon. He may not see the need to use such a high pick on a runner he only intends on giving 15 carries a game to. People should realize we are not playing Wannyball anymore.

From what I have read, the 49ers if they take a QB will draft Rodgers. Nolan even stated last week that Rodgers is better then Smith in his opinion. So, if Saban wants Smith we will probably get him.

Rogers fit's the 49er's system and could start this year if he makes it through the practices and pre-season injury free. Smith is more of a project, but possibly more potential.

Nublar7 said:
From what I have read, the 49ers if they take a QB will draft Rodgers. Nolan even stated last week that Rodgers is better then Smith in his opinion. So, if Saban wants Smith we will probably get him.

I think it's been obvious that if we go QB it will be Smith since he had breakfast with Saban and Spielman (Of course, Edwards had dinner)

thepoolboy said:
Saban's view of the RB position may crystalize soon. He may not see the need to use such a high pick on a runner he only intends on giving 15 carries a game to. People should realize we are not playing Wannyball anymore.

The Dolphins also aren't going to play Marc Trestman ball, where the running game is completely ignored.

Scott Linehan will run a balanced offense.

KB21 said:
The Dolphins also aren't going to play Marc Trestman ball, where the running game is completely ignored.

Scott Linehan will try to run a balanced offense.

FYP

ChambersWI said:
I think it's been obvious that if we go QB it will be Smith since he had breakfast with Saban and Spielman (Of course, Edwards had dinner)

They had breakfast with Smith, but Aaron Rodgers has state in two different interviews that Miami has had the most interest in him out of all the teams. Two weeks ago, when I was driving home for spring break, I heard an interview with him on ESPN Radio. He stated then that the Dolphins call him everyday, and he said after his workout that Miami has shown more interest than San Francisco.

Now, Miami is showing interest in the other top quarterbacks. Charlie Frye has already had a private workout with the team, and Jason Campbell and David Greene will be in next week for a work out. I've heard nothing yet on Kyle Orton and Andrew Walter, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them draw some interest from Miami as well.

KB, what do you think has gotten Feeley in Saban's doghouse so quickly?

TeeMoney said:
Rogers fit's the 49er's system and could start this year if he makes it through the practices and pre-season injury free. Smith is more of a project, but possibly more potential.

and what is that exactly? dont they have new coaches, meaning we're not really sure of the system.... and why does rodgers fit it better?

TeeMoney said:
KB, what do you think has gotten Feeley in Saban's doghouse so quickly?

Either

A) He hasn't spent time learning the new playbook

or

B) Like most new coaches, Saban wants to start his coaching regime with a new QB.

KB21 said:

Scott Linehan will run a balanced offense.

Minnesota's team stats last year were as follows...

552 pass attempts for an average of 8.6 yards per attempt
387 rush attempts for an average of 4.7 yards per attempt

They may not play Marc Trestman ball but those numbers don't lie. As well, at 4.7 yards per rush, it's not as if their running game was ineffective. How this translates to Miami, I don't know, but the passing game will certainly be receiving more emphasis than in recent history. To get that done, I don't think we have the required personnel at the necessary skill positions.

numbers don't lie, but when you dont have randy moss and daunte culpepper, that doesnt lie either.

Back
Top Bottom