Eli Apple: Worth A Low Risk Shot? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eli Apple: Worth A Low Risk Shot?

He played well for the Saints. I remember many Dolfan's on Finheaven were hoping Miami would draft him back then. Kid needs to get his head straight. He did that to a certain degree while in New Orleans.

I’d take a chance. We are so paper thin at cb beyond X it isn’t funny

Needs to work on his tackling though from my memory of him in NY. Curious how he looked overall for the Saints

Are we not done taking this kind of player? I thought they just purged the roster of these type of players.

Good Teams like the Pats do this all the time.
Send a 7th rounder to a team that might otherwise cut the player.
The player excels in their system then signs a big contract with the next team.
The Pats get a comp pick.
They have mastered this over and over.

I truly wish the Dolphins would do more of this especially in regards to Olineman.

He has remarkable athletic ability. He is an absolute natural at mirroring his assignment. But with some people it's not a lack of athleticism it's a lack of what's between the ears. Their egos are too big to do the work because their natural ability has meant they never had to work in the past. But at this level, that all ends, and either they change or they fail … and so far Apple is failing. Bad attitude and lazy work ethic is a lethal combo. Fear of that same situation is why Greedy Williams plummeted in the draft this year. If Greedy doesn't fix his approach to the game … he'll suffer the same fate.

Worth a flier … sure, what do we have to lose? But only a flier. If his attitude is bad, cut him before he becomes a cancer. And right now, it looks like he's a Saint.

How many " the third times the charm" success stories have there been in the NFL?

Not too many

Great talent but has been labeled a cancer by two teams

Our recent QB acquisition has seen some of the same labeling, but in this case, I think it may be warranted. Rosen has a wave of folks pushing back against that narrative for Rosen. I don't see that for Apple. It would be nice to have his talent. But that might be all.

Maybe room Apple with Christian Wilkins, help turn him around, get positive with a good attitude. Christian can do the cooking.

Our recent QB acquisition has seen some of the same labeling, but in this case, I think it may be warranted. Rosen has a wave of folks pushing back against that narrative for Rosen. I don't see that for Apple. It would be nice to have his talent. But that might be all.

Yeo that's a big difference a lot of people both teammates. Coaches, and beat writers defended Rosen and the only thing with him was he is just a bit out there with interests. With Eli Apple you not only had people ripping him but you had him running to his parents to defend him

I had him very overrated coming out, haven’t followed his reaps as a pro, except some giant games where he didn’t look good.

Back
Top Bottom