Elijah Moore | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Elijah Moore

How would you compare Moore and Waddle? Very similar build and speed, what makes Waddle the better(perveived) prospect in your opinion?
Waddle seems faster...Waddle has been timed as fast as the 4.2's as far as I've heard....Moore ran 4.35..nothing to sneeze at but also...Waddle is what..an inch or so taller? Yes, similar measurable..but I think Waddle is seen as the better prospect...I mean I heard he scored what..17 or 18 touchdowns in college? They average over 40+ yards a touchdown...he's just a big play waiting to happen.

But I'd rather take Pitts @ #6 than Waddle and get Moore later in the 2nd at like #36 if possible. Not sure I'd take Moore @ #18..possible, though.

Outside of QB, not trying to start that debate, I don't think there are 10 players in the class who would be more valuable to Miami. Elijah Moore is going to be good. He's too skilled and athletic to not be. He's going to get open, he's going to make big plays, he's going to catch the ball, and he's excellent at making the first tackler miss. How much does his size cap his ceiling? That's the debate. There's a LOT of value in knowing you're getting a good player at a valuable position. There's precedent for players around his size developing into elite playmakers and dominant WR's - Steve Smith and Antonio Brown are his two most common comps from people high on him.

Tua would love his ability to separate and his punctuality as a route runner. He's really good at throwing to shorter WR's, so Moore's size becomes less of a concern for Miami imo, and imo his size isn't a concern either way. Skills pay the bills at WR. For the same reasons, Devonta Smith is elite despite his outlier body, Moore is elite despite being 5'9 1/2". These guys are good at every aspect of being a WR. Route running, catching, making plays with the ball in their hands, and they're smart af. They do all the little things, and they see the game in a mature way.

I have Moore just outside the Top tier of players. After Pitts, the Top 3 WR's, the Top 2 OT's, the Top 2 CB's, and Parsons, Elijah Moore and Terrace Marshall are my favorite players for Miami, and Moore is the better fit.
I really wish you were our GM.....our drafts would be much better bro.

How would you compare Moore and Waddle? Very similar build and speed, what makes Waddle the better(perveived) prospect in your opinion?

Waddle has a different gear. I think they're close, because Moore is so good, but Waddle is a rare type of dynamic, and he's a skilled WR. He's not Smith or Moore, but he's sharp. You can't make even a slight misstep against Waddle, or it's over. I think 'Bama gave Ruggs reps over Waddle in 2019 to help his draft stock. He was good enough, and they were good enough to make you not notice too much, but there's literally no reason to ever play Ruggs ahead of Waddle.

Waddle has a different gear. I think they're close, because Moore is so good, but Waddle is a rare type of dynamic, and he's a skilled WR. He's not Smith or Moore, but he's sharp. You can't make even a slight misstep against Waddle, or it's over. I think 'Bama gave Ruggs reps over Waddle in 2019 to help his draft stock. He was good enough, and they were good enough to make you not notice too much, but there's literally no reason to ever play Ruggs ahead of Waddle.

Waddle ^^

Goodness Gracious!

I really wish you were our GM.....our drafts would be much better bro.

That's super nice, Danny. Thank you. I'm having fun watching Grier, though. I feel like he continues to grow. With Goat Flores, I've really enjoyed the last couple years. Obviously, I disagree with some things, but I'm optimistic overall.

Waddle seems faster...Waddle has been timed as fast as the 4.2's as far as I've heard....Moore ran 4.35..nothing to sneeze at but also...Waddle is what..an inch or so taller? Yes, similar measurable..but I think Waddle is seen as the better prospect...I mean I heard he scored what..17 or 18 touchdowns in college? They average over 40+ yards a touchdown...he's just a big play waiting to happen.

But I'd rather take Pitts @ #6 than Waddle and get Moore later in the 2nd at like #36 if possible. Not sure I'd take Moore @ #18..possible, though.

The logic is simple....#1 pick for a slot doesn't make alot of sense and 4.29 vs 4.35 means little on the field.

I'll spend 2 or 3 for the position, not a #6 overall, #6 overall should be used on a more difficult position to fill.

The logic is simple....#1 pick for a slot doesn't make alot of sense and 4.29 vs 4.35 means little on the field.

I'll spend 2 or 3 for the position, not a #6 overall, #6 overall should be used on a more difficult position to fill.
Waddle is probably closer to 4.25

Just seems to be so much talent this draft at the pass catching position.

Back
Top Bottom