Elijah Moore | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Elijah Moore

Waddle lost the race to Ruggs....Ruggs was timed at 4.27, I was being kind to Waddle @ 4.29 :)
So one race means he's slower than Ruggs? I don't know about that. If they did ten races that's a better test of speed.

Either way...Ruggs is way worse than Waddle.

Waddle >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ruggs

Even the great Pachy would agree!

So one race means he's slower than Ruggs? I don't know about that. If they did ten races that's a better test of speed.

Either way...Ruggs is way worse than Waddle.

Waddle >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ruggs

Even the great Pachy would agree!
I was never a Ruggs guy, I hope Waddle is better, I suspect he is, but my point was the speed factor when comparing Waddle and Moore.

Waddle is NOT a massive upgrade in the speed department over Moore, if they were both available in the 2nd round I most likely would take Waddle, but only by a RCH.

Just my opinion though....

I was never a Ruggs guy, I hope Waddle is better, I suspect he is, but my point was the speed factor when comparing Waddle and Moore.

Waddle is NOT a massive upgrade in the speed department over Moore, if they were both available in the 2nd round I most likely would take Waddle, but only by a RCH.

Just my opinion though....
Watch the film of both..Timed speed could be similar, IDK...but game speed? Never see anyone much like him save like Darrell Green or Primetime or a few...especially this year..it's beyond ridiculous!!!

I like Elijah Moore like everyone else. Let me get that out of the way first.

But I gotta ask, where’s the “size” criticism like we constantly see with Devonta Smith?? And spare the “he’s heavier than Smith crap”. He’s still a smallish receiver.

And skipped out on a couple games this past season. And scored less than half the TD’s in his 3 season career than Smith piled up in just the past 2 seasons.

Again, I think Moore is a good looking prospect. But the fact that some of the Smith naysayers seem so giddy about him and spare him from the same criticism levied against Smith is disingenuous to say the least.

But I gotta ask, where’s the “size” criticism like we constantly see with Devonta Smith?? And spare the “he’s heavier than Smith crap”. He’s still a smallish receiver.

And skipped out on a couple games this past season. And scored less than half the TD’s in his 3 season career than Smith piled up in just the past 2 seasons.

Again, I think Moore is a good looking prospect. But the fact that some of the Smith naysayers seem so giddy about him and spare him from the same criticism levied against Smith is disingenuous to say the least.
He won't be a Top 10 pick, either.

Well, Moore and Smith would fill a different role in an offense. If you draft a guy 6th overall the expectation is that he is your #1 WR. A 6’1” 165lbs #1 WR would be an anomaly at the NFL level. Meanwhile, if you draft a guy late in the 1st or early second he doesn’t have those expectations. Moore at 5’9” 185lbs would be working primarily from the slot. He would be an immediate upgrade to Wilson and fill the gadget roll we used him in as well.

Also, when you get hit having a lower center of gravity helps. Being 4” shorter and 20lbs heavier would, in theory, make Moore better at absorbing NFL level hits.

To clarify, I like both prospects. I just don’t think you can compare the two given where they will be drafted.

I suspect the concern is how stocky someone is, Smith's BMI at 6'1" and 170lbs would be 22.5, while Moore at 5'8" and 185lbs would be 28. The feeling being that the thinner you are the more susceptible to injury you could be from repeated hits, and to me it is a very valid concern. Given what little I know about Smith which has principally come from what I read on here if we pick him at 6 which I expect we will I would be very happy.

I suspect the concern is how stocky someone is, Smith's BMI at 6'1" and 170lbs would be 22.5, while Moore at 5'8" and 185lbs would be 28. The feeling being that the thinner you are the more susceptible to injury you could be from repeated hits, and to me it is a very valid concern. Given what little I know about Smith which has principally come from what I read on here if we pick him at 6 which I expect we will I would be very happy.
It's not that their sizes aren't so similar or not similar..it's that you're likely taking DeVonta in the top 10 but Moore could be a late first, early 2nd round pick..that's generally where vastly undersized players are taken and with less risk..that's the main difference, I'd say!

That doesnt seem to be the case except for a couple of positions like TE and RB... Most other position groups, the injury rate actually increases with higher weight.

Last edited:
That doesnt seem to be the case expect for a couple of positions like TE and RB... Most other position groups, the injury rate actually increases with higher weight.

Well well well..why don't the NFL personnel people know this? Or do they and just use it as an "Excuse" to bring down undersized guys and get them at a lower draft slot? Hmm?

Well yeah..obesity maybe..but 6'1" 195lbs would not be at risk of more injuries than 6'1" and 165 or 170lbs..idk..it's 30 or so lbs more but far from obese, or super overweight..plus BMI is way outdated in terms of someone's health..so much so that it's rather comical!

That's super nice, Danny. Thank you. I'm having fun watching Grier, though. I feel like he continues to grow. With Goat Flores, I've really enjoyed the last couple years. Obviously, I disagree with some things, but I'm optimistic overall.
I agree with Danny lol

I’m sure you have a job that takes up a lot of your time, but imagine if you could just scout players full time?! Love your evals j off

Back
Top Bottom