ELITE secondary | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ELITE secondary

I honestly do not think it is a question. He has been all pro (mind you, not simply pro bowl) multiple years in a row. That shows he is regarded as the top FS around the league.

Now, I am very aware Minkah is a sore spot on this board. Him being a top talent and failing here and excelling when gone does not fit the parts of the board that look at every Flores move with rose colored glasses.

Minkah is also very relevant to this thread. We just picked a potential elite safety. I am worried that Flo will again try to misuse this potential elite safety at slot cb rather than his natural position. Let me also add that bringing in Hooker for a visit yesterday did nothing to alleviate those concerns.

I am not one to accept every move and not question Grier and Flores. I will provide my opinions and commentary rather than cheer every move.

Congress, like all-pro is an elected position.

Need I say more? - LOL

Kind of humourous people still want to hold their same opinion of Minkah years ago when he’s proven what he can be since being traded. Stop being in denial, we messed that one up, god forbid yall admit it. Glad we finally replaced him with someone I think can be just as good
We didn't mess that up. The reality is that Coach Flo came in and he set the parameters for how his Defense would be run and he brought Josh Boyer with him from New England to implement his system. Minkah was drafted by Miami the year before under the Gase/Tannenbaum period and lacked the capacity/inclination to change his play to fit Flo's system and through his Mama spoke to the media. End result, he got traded for a 1st round Draft pick (Austin Jackson) because he lacked the position flexibility required for Flo's system. Square peg meet round hole.
Would you seriously have preferred that when Coach Flo was appointed that he was too scared to implement his Defensive system because the precious Minkah Stinkah called the shots based on his Alabama learnings under Saban? Yes, Minkah has talent. However, Coach Flo was 100% correct in shipping him off.

Coaches coach - players play.

Last edited:
I think McCain has one more year with the Dolphins because Flores loves how he communicates on defense and I don’t think Flores is ready to completely trust Jones or Holland to take over the safety position.
As much as Flores might have, “loved” Van Noy. He loves having as many quality DB’s on the roster as he can get and he still views McCain as a quality player, even if a lot of posters on here don’t feel the same way about McCain.
still think so?

Any chance Miami goes with Igbinoghene and Howard at corner and Byron Jones and Holland at safety, with Rowe, McCourty, Coleman, Needham and Brandon Jones as the main reserves? At some point you would think there's going to be a push to get Igbinoghene on the field since he was a 1st round pick.

Kind of humourous people still want to hold their same opinion of Minkah years ago when he’s proven what he can be since being traded. Stop being in denial, we messed that one up, god forbid yall admit it. Glad we finally replaced him with someone I think can be just as good
We did but so did he. I admit I’ve been a Minkah sympathizer on here and he is a great player. We saw it coming while he was here. As a rookie he made some huge plays including a pick six of Josh Allen (boy we could sure use more of those). His 4th and 1 stop on our goal line of the pass catcher in the flat week 1 vs Tennessee was a play very few players could ever make. His read, reaction and form tackle to drop the guy parallel to the goal line was so special. And of course we know what he’s done since going to Pitt. After we traded him I think he still led the team in takeaways w 2 for like 7 weeks lol.

All of that said, there was something not right about his relationship w Flo. Flo put him in the slot in camp and McCain at S - I thought it was some sort of head game thing as McCain at S made no sense to me. Then Minkah stayed where he was and acted like a jerk. Flo acted like a jerk. They were both jerks IMO. And we would be a better team if he was still here. But it takes 2 to tango and it’s now water under the bridge. Moving on (it took me 2 years to get over it).

I like the guys we have in the secondary. If Iggy bananas can contribute look out. What about that guy we got last year - name sounds like “Fiddlejam” - gone?

Any chance Miami goes with Igbinoghene and Howard at corner and Byron Jones and Holland at safety, with Rowe, McCourty, Coleman, Needham and Brandon Jones as the main reserves? At some point you would think there's going to be a push to get Igbinoghene on the field since he was a 1st round pick.

I feel how they perform in preseason will have more of an effect then when they were picked.

I HATE Bills fans. Worst that they come on our message board to troll.
Bills fans are harmless. I mean, you actually have to feel sorry for them. They still have 0 Super Bowl wins. We can still hit them with “0 for the 70’s”. Buffalo and the rest of Western New York is a complete shithole to live in. The only other thing they have up there is the Sabres…. And they’re the worst team in the NHL. Pretty pathetic actually.

Back
Top Bottom