ELITE secondary | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ELITE secondary

It's almost essential in the division with how Josh Allen slings the ball and bills offense looks. Then you have two young qbs with jets and patriots that could be tough as well
IMO it's better to have an elite pass rush than an elite secondary. Nobody can cover their wr's if the QB has 5+ seconds to throw.

IMO it's better to have an elite pass rush than an elite secondary. Nobody can cover their wr's if the QB has 5+ seconds to throw.

That may be true for most QB’s but if we’re talking about Josh Allen, it’s not true.

Allen will have time to throw no matter what, because he routinely makes pass rushers look stupid, even when they have a clear path to him. Teams kept trying to send people after him last year and it just wasn’t working.

IMO, the key to showing down Allen is a large secondary with tight coverage.

example of what I mean;

That may be true for most QB’s but if we’re talking about Josh Allen, it’s not true.

Allen will have time to throw no matter what, because he routinely makes pass rushers look stupid, even when they have a clear path to him. Teams kept trying to send people after him last year and it just wasn’t working.

example of what I mean;

Just my armchair take but we would need a really quick guy with good instincts like a Jerome Baker to act as a spy on a guy like Josh Allen.. god I miss Zach Thomas you very very rarely saw him get juked out his pants he knew how to get in position and block most running lanes that could lead to big gains.. Still don't know why miami never hired him as a Linebackers coach immediately after he retired.

That is what Flo and Grier are obviously building here.

What we are working with right now

FS Holland
SS Rowe
CB Howard
CB Jones
NB Igbinoghene/Needham

Brandon Jones backups both safeties. McCain may get cut. Noah also backups the boundaries.

This is the makings of an elite secondary folks
I think by the end of the season Rowe will be backing up Brandon Jones at SS

FS Holland
SS Rowe
CB Howard
CB Jones
NB Igbinoghene/Needham

Brandon Jones backups both safeties. McCain may get cut. Noah also backups the boundaries.

McCain will be your day 1 starting FS.

You are KIDDING yourself if you think a rookie is stepping in day 1 to communicate flows scheme on the back end. Not to mention how vital he is in getting us lined up.

Now Holland is hopefully your answer long term, but not this year.

He should still play plenty, but the FH consensus on B Mac is way off and is one the coaching staff does not share.

And his run fits / support was significantly better last season as the grew into the role.

What happened against KC when he missed a quarter? We gave up two splash TDs he would have prevented.

I actually think Rowe is more in jeopardy of losing reps with Jones pushing. But he was great against TEs all season outside of Waller.

McCain will be your day 1 starting FS.

You are KIDDING yourself if you think a rookie is stepping in day 1 to communicate flows scheme on the back end. Not to mention how vital he is in getting us lined up.

Now Holland is hopefully your answer long term, but not this year.

He should still play plenty, but the FH consensus on B Mac is way off and is one the coaching staff does not share.

And his run fits / support was significantly better last season as the grew into the role.

What happened against KC when he missed a quarter? We gave up two splash TDs he would have prevented.

I actually think Rowe is more in jeopardy of losing reps with Jones pushing. But he was great against TEs all season outside of Waller.
McCain may not even be on the roster. If Holland isn’t starting I wouldn’t be surprised to see Rowe and Brandon Jones starting.

FS Holland
SS Rowe
CB Howard
CB Jones
NB Igbinoghene/Needham

Plus Coleman, who should challenge for the starting slot corner.

On paper, a top 5 in the league group.

Lol if Flores taking a DB earlier than expected surprises people y’all haven’t been paying attention. Let’s build a SUPER BOWL secondary and then go from there
Right. I think many of us expected a secondary selection among the top 50 picks.

example of what I mean;

“Allen will have time to throw no matter what” - he makes defenders look stupid especially when Josh is diving for his latest fumble

LOL -

Just give Josh the MVP over Mahomes already

Because we played him out of position and played McCain at FS. Which is exactly what my first comment was about.

I don’t know why people think this staff consists of DB geniuses. We truly messed up with an elite all NFL mainstay player in Minkah. Messed up with the Jones contract. Noah also didn’t play like a first rounder last year, but I am willing to give him more time.

Track record is not good at DB. At all.
1620045401397.png

Back
Top Bottom