ELITE secondary | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ELITE secondary

Get a ****ing RB.
I don’t understand the obsession with the idea we missed out on adding a RB in the draft. Our top 2 rushers last year averaged 4.2 yards per carry, and we added another guy who averaged 4.1.

None of the 3 are going to end up in the HOF, but those are serviceable numbers that will only improve with an upgraded line, and an upgraded passing game

I don’t understand the obsession with the idea we missed out on adding a RB in the draft. Our top 2 rushers last year averaged 4.2 yards per carry, and we added another guy who averaged 4.1.

None of the 3 are going to end up in the HOF, but those are serviceable numbers that will only improve with an upgraded line, and an upgraded passing game
Miami isn’t winning anything with Gaskin and Ahmed as the RBs.

To be fair, not being particularly dependable with your hands is a good reason to move to CB.

I don't know if he has this issue, but I wouldn't say a corner being a former WR is necessarily a glowing endorsement of their ability to make a contested catch/INT.

I was more eluding to the fact that the guy is still a work in progress as a DB. Having any kind of read on him is irresponsible unless you see him in practice.

People wanted to label him a bust for not hitting the ground running as a 20 year old last year. He clearly wasn't ready for an NFL field at 20 years old and no real off season.

FWIW, I was one of the few who was happy with his selection.

Holland and Jones at Safety.

Noah as our slot.

X and Jones as our corners

Justin Coleman as our dime and primary #1 corner..

Eventually that’s a lot of talent on the field
Iggy isn't a slot cover.

You know how I know?

A reporter asked that question of Flo in a presser. He immediately, and emphatically, slapped that notion down in a way that bordered on anger.

I suppose things could change, but other than not liking Needham, is there any valid reason ppl speculate this would be true?

We also signed a FA, Coleman, who has played the slot position pretty well, wide not so much.

Last edited:
Iggy isn't a slot cover.

You know how I know?

A reporter asked that question of Flo in a presser. He immediately, and emphatically, slapped that notion down in a way that bordered on anger.

I suppose things could change, but other than not liking Needham, is there any valid reason ppl speculate this would be true?

We also signed a FA, Coleman, who has played the slot position pretty well, wide not so much.
Flo said something about getting Iggy reps in the slot somewhat recently.

McCain is gone. Flores loved Van Noy too and look what happened.
I think McCain has one more year with the Dolphins because Flores loves how he communicates on defense and I don’t think Flores is ready to completely trust Jones or Holland to take over the safety position.
As much as Flores might have, “loved” Van Noy. He loves having as many quality DB’s on the roster as he can get and he still views McCain as a quality player, even if a lot of posters on here don’t feel the same way about McCain.

Every elite secondary has a playmaking safety and I think we might have found one at last. this is a great breakout tape of Holland. I'm sure some might have seen this but some haven't and I recommend you watch it.

Iggy isn't a slot cover.

You know how I know?

I do like Coleman, but as far as your question about Noah in the slot, it’s jmo based on his college stuff, I felt I saw some weaknesses on the perimeter that could be masked inside..I don’t see any weakness as to why he can’t be an elite slot..So it’s just a skillet relative to position situation for me..I didn’t agree with Coach when he said that but yeah jmo

And if we’re not gonna move X or Jones what the heck we doing taking a backup in the first round..

I love the player and hope we just put all three on the field and the only way to do that is Noah in the slot

LOL, those same sports writers won't put Zach Thomas in the HOF and I'm supposed to believe their rankings on Minkah. Truth his, he's late on coverage and doesn't like to be hit or take on RBs. Most of his turnovers are him getting the scraps from the work his teammates have done. Namely because he shy's from contact. The only reason he's an All Pro is because the narrative the media placed on him when they lambasted Miami for trading him. As a player only, he is 100% overrated.
I might shy away from contact too, if I were him.

Link?

I watch pretty much every presser. I could have missed one though.
I believe what he said (paraphrasing) is that last year they worked him pretty much exclusively outside because they didn't want to put too much on his plate. This year they might get him some more work inside and see what happens.

Rowe?

My boy Brandon Jones is going to be STARTING opposite Holland!

McCain will be your day 1 starting FS.

You are KIDDING yourself if you think a rookie is stepping in day 1 to communicate flows scheme on the back end. Not to mention how vital he is in getting us lined up.

Now Holland is hopefully your answer long term, but not this year.

He should still play plenty, but the FH consensus on B Mac is way off and is one the coaching staff does not share.

And his run fits / support was significantly better last season as the grew into the role.

What happened against KC when he missed a quarter? We gave up two splash TDs he would have prevented.

I actually think Rowe is more in jeopardy of losing reps with Jones pushing. But he was great against TEs all season outside of Waller.
100 percent agree.

Back
Top Bottom