ELITE secondary | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ELITE secondary

Elite pass defense yes with these additions to our ability to defend the slot and just be versatile on defense.

even more of a yes when you consider we added the top pass rusher to our front 7 as well. If as advertised that’s only going to help the secondary make plays.

Elite pass defense yes with these additions to our ability to defend the slot and just be versatile on defense.

even more of a yes when you consider we added the top pass rusher to our front 7 as well. If as advertised that’s only going to help the secondary make plays.
I agree, but I would point out "as advertised" in this case comes with a disclaimer....Caveat emptor

As a bills fan , jmo but your secondary is highly suspect. I'd play cover 2 and focus more on tua's development

I'm a big believer in tua and hes the only qb in the east that scares me.

Kind of humourous people still want to hold their same opinion of Minkah years ago when he’s proven what he can be since being traded. Stop being in denial, we messed that one up, god forbid yall admit it. Glad we finally replaced him with someone I think can be just as good

As a bills fan , jmo but your secondary is highly suspect. I'd play cover 2 and focus more on tua's development

Oh, we'll play cover 2.....and cover 1........and cover zero.......

All from the same alignment and personnel.

I "suspect" our secondary too. I suspect they will feed Joshy boy a big fat turd burger to munch on next year.

We passed on Jenkins...they better be elite

Good that Holland has 9 picks in 2 years because Byron and Iggy certainly aren't known as ball hawks.
Holland the best safety in the draft. Had teams not overdrafted receivers he would have been picked by teams like cowboys etc. The Jaguars had a chance to pick him but they spent it on a rb lol

Oh, we'll play cover 2.....and cover 1........and cover zero.......

All from the same alignment and personnel.

I "suspect" our secondary too. I suspect they will feed Joshy boy a big fat turd burger to munch on next year.

Go to 1:31:25.....

I agree with that. Noah is best inside because the majority of his assignment is reacting to the guy in front of him and sticking with him. He's not as effective outside with more variables in play, including whether to watch the receiver or the quarterback's eyes.

Also, on those longer routes down the sideline Noah has very poor instincts in regard to looking for the ball and finding the ball. He might technically have his guy covered but the quarterback can mostly ignore that and throw it anyway because it's a one-on-one situation with no other risk.

Everything happens quicker on the inside. Noah's lack of instincts aren't as detrimental. If he's got tight coverage on a crossing route the quarterback is likely to look elsewhere, as opposed to risking a deflected ball that lands in the lap of a safety. The shorter routes have less dispersion in terms of when the ball will arrive so Noah can watch the receiver's eye and hands to time the slap away.

So I run my slot WR up the sideline on a sort of wheel route.

If he can't cover deep balls he can't be an effective corner anywhere on the field unless we constantly give him help.

He was young and can grow, but I found his foot speed to be the most glaring issue. His feet look stuck in mud when he's running with a WR.

What else have you said that nobody paid attention to that ended up being wrong? I’m sure there are more than a few examples.

I meant to put taking one early because majority of finheaven was clamoring over us selecting Williams, ETN or Harris

I think it’s a little early to judge IGGY. Let’s see what we think of him after this season?

Not at all...just saying that it's not his playing style, like Byron Jones.

I HATE Bills fans. Worst that they come on our message board to troll.

Kind of humourous people still want to hold their same opinion of Minkah years ago when he’s proven what he can be since being traded. Stop being in denial, we messed that one up, god forbid yall admit it. Glad we finally replaced him with someone I think can be just as good
You serious? He stinks. Look at the clip posted earlier. No respectable NFL safety would get blasted that badly. Show me some clips of him laying wood or making a play to make the int himself without a deflection since being a stinking Stiller.

Back
Top Bottom