Email from Pitzer | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Email from Pitzer

Finieous

Emissary of the Prophets
Reaction score
I occasional write Matt Pitzer concerning Fantasy Football advice and thought I would write him and ask what he thought about the upcoming draft. So here what Matt said:

Concerning who the 49'ers will draft he wrote...."...My hunch still is that they'll take Alex Smith - and I expect we'll know by Wednesday or Thursday of this week. I do, however, think Rodgers is the better prospect."

How about the "fins trading out of #2 ?..."I think the Dolphins are trying really, really hard to drum up interest in a trade. And I don't think there's much there. I don't see a whole lot of reason to do a deal; they'll get a marquee offensive player and they might even get Rodgers if the 49ers take Smith (and they want him). I just don't see the incentive for giving up some prime picks unless they're really in love with a certain player, and I find that hard to fathom."

I was not happy with this email but that was his reply. I hope that he is wrong. I'm not crazy about Rodgers and I do hope that we trade down.

Pitzer appears to know just as much as we do. ;)

(i.e. very little)

If you are a west coast style offense, then yeah- Rogers fits better.

Well he is a fantasy football expert and not a draft expert. So I really wouldnt take it more than with a grain of salt.

Finieous said:
I occasional write Matt Pitzer concerning Fantasy Football advice and thought I would write him and ask what he thought about the upcoming draft. So here what Matt said:

Concerning who the 49'ers will draft he wrote...."...My hunch still is that they'll take Alex Smith - and I expect we'll know by Wednesday or Thursday of this week. I do, however, think Rodgers is the better prospect."

How about the "fins trading out of #2 ?..."I think the Dolphins are trying really, really hard to drum up interest in a trade. And I don't think there's much there. I don't see a whole lot of reason to do a deal; they'll get a marquee offensive player and they might even get Rodgers if the 49ers take Smith (and they want him). I just don't see the incentive for giving up some prime picks unless they're really in love with a certain player, and I find that hard to fathom."

I was not happy with this email but that was his reply. I hope that he is wrong. I'm not crazy about Rodgers and I do hope that we trade down.

I think everyone is just keeping quite about what they really want because it's the trend. And it keeps the value down on the players teams want. You go making a big stink about a player you want ,all of a sudden his price goes up. Meaning you have to give up more to get what you want. Case an point...last year the Dolphins sitting in the middle of rd1 make it very clear we want Carey and in the end just one pick away from having him, where if we had kept our mouths shut, could have had him for just a first. Instead of a first and fourth we got screwed. Now this year everyone is keeping quite about who they want and holding back on trade talks to keep up appearances. Their will be draft day trading and don't be surprised to find out some teams already had deals in place. They just didn't want to let it get out what was being planned. Saban is ruthless, and will get the best possible deal he can get even if it means keeping the #2 overall and drafting a player he thinks is the best value.

True, and Rogers could start this year. Smith will need some training.

Back
Top Bottom