emmitt smith | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

emmitt smith

I think he's playing for the Cowboys for one more game.

THOMAS_54 said:
I think he's playing for the Cowboys for one more game.

No, he just signed a one-day contract with them so that he could retire as a Cowboy.

Emmitt was great, but best of all-time? I'm not so sure on that one.

he retired. had a good season last year, and a great career.

fear-the-d said:
I heard that too. he wants to retire where he started

He did what Thurman Thomas did with the Bills. Sign a one day contract with the team and retire so he can officially retire a Cowboy.

Emmitt is without question a great RB, he is without question a HoFer, but I dont believe he even cracks the top 3 all time. My top three of all time are (In no order, because I can never decide) Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, and Sweetness. Had Barry not retired early he would have set the bar so high it would have NEVER been broken. Jim Brown was the monster of his era, and had he not retired, again could have set the bar way up there. Sweetness, well he was Sweetness! Emmitt Smith played behind one of the greatest OL's in the game, and as Denver has shown a great OL makes average backs look good and good backs look great. Emmitt also had two guys named.....what was it .......oh yeah Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin taking pressure off of him.

I would love to see Dan Marino come out of retirement and play one last game for us.....his last game was the 62-7 loss to Jacksonville in the playoffs.:cry:

Back
Top Bottom