employee 86.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

employee 86....

fiedler__9

Fin fan from just above the Mason-Dixon
Reaction score
after reading the gadsen article posted here on finheaven, i must say that oronde is a ppor sport, and if he maintains this type of attitude, he should be cut...especially since he has taken orders for more of these training camp overalls...can someone say team cancer?

Originally posted by fiedler__9
after reading the gadsen article posted here on finheaven, i must say that oronde is a ppor sport, and if he maintains this type of attitude, he should be cut...especially since he has taken orders for more of these training camp overalls...can someone say team cancer?

I have to agree when I read 1st how Oronde came into camp totally out of shape and then his employee 86 clothing choice I was and I am still not happy with this guy.

For the team that gave him his shot in the NFL he sure has a funny way of showing his appreciation. I sure hope he is not a cancer in the locker room, if he makes the team. One thing for sure is he is a popular player and if he decides to cause trouble he sure can make a mess.

Oliver...

interesting...

do you feel he could have signed on just to cause problems? do you think he felt that slighted?

Re: interesting...

Originally posted by fiedler__9
do you feel he could have signed on just to cause problems? do you think he felt that slighted?

That's a scary thought. I doubt he would do that, but at the same time he may hold some bad feelings towards the Dolphins brass for what happened in the FA period. Of course he only has himself to blame, but you know how ppl can be.

I would think he may become a problem if he is not at least the #3 WR, and I doubt he can do that. I think he may not even make the roster if Tolver gets his butt in camp. If Tolver holds out for more than a few days then I think we'll have a very unhappy camper on our roster, #86.

Oliver...

He will not make the team with this attitude. No way. I dont care how well he catches the ball.

Really I don't think that outfit was part of an attitude. I think it was a writers take on what the suit meant. The reporter said in response Gadsden smiled wryly and said something like it's camp and it's time to go to work.

To reaffirm my thought I read another report that mentioned the outfit and it said nothing about attitude. It said something about Gadsden taking 17 orders from teammates. So if Gadsden has a bad attitude and is wearing that outfit to show it, 17 others have bad attitudes and want to show it too.

I don't think it was a bad attitude. I think it was a piece of bad reporting.

I agree that the Dolphins will kick him to the curb if he does display a bad attitude. Wearing a pair of overalls with "Employee 86" on the front is not really that big of a deal. The thing that will hurt OG is if he complains about his place on the depth chart after showing up out of shape. No matter how talented he is, the Dolphins are not paying him mega-bucks, so it will be really easy to say goodbye to him. I for one want to see him make the roster and have a Pro Bowl year.

Originally posted by jaketaylor
I agree that the Dolphins will kick him to the curb if he does display a bad attitude. Wearing a pair of overalls with "Employee 86" on the front is not really that big of a deal. The thing that will hurt OG is if he complains about his place on the depth chart after showing up out of shape. No matter how talented he is, the Dolphins are not paying him mega-bucks, so it will be really easy to say goodbye to him. I for one want to see him make the roster and have a Pro Bowl year.

What I mean by not a big deal is that he didnt beat up a teamate in a film session, or challenge a coach... You know?:)

Actually he has done nothing wrong except for "smile wryly". Whatever the hell that meant.

What he did say about the receiver competition was that everyone competing for a job came with a list of credentials so he understands that he must compete for a job every year. That was in response to the direct question about his roster spot.

I didn't like his holdout but for a reporter to "stretch" is another thing.....

Originally posted by ZOD
Actually he has done nothing wrong except for "smile wryly". Whatever the hell that meant.

What he did say about the receiver competition was that everyone competing for a job came with a list of credentials so he understands that he must compete for a job every year. That was in response to the direct question about his roster spot.

I didn't like his holdout but for a reporter to "stretch" is another thing.....

I don't think he's done a thing wrong. We're just wapping here. I do how ever think a tag that says, "employee 86" cannot be a compliment as far as pro atheletes go. It seems to me the last way they think of themselves is as an employee. Employee to me means a 9-5 type of person.

We'll see.

Oliver...

He's trying to be a clothing designer. All the catchy phrases have been taken by AND ONE on their T-shirts. Lighten up.

Originally posted by ZOD
He's trying to be a clothing designer. All the catchy phrases have been taken by AND ONE on their T-shirts. Lighten up.

Lighten up, why would you say that?

To be honest the only person that seems tense is you. For the record you may be right, but all we're doing here, at least all I'm trying to do is talk about our Phins. We all have an opinion, and when it's all said and done that's all they are, nothing more.

Oliver...

He's a clothing designer and "Employee 86" rolls well.

Seems just like humour to me.

At little slap at the "No, No" to the Herald from the Sun Sentinel.

"On Friday, wide receiver Oronde Gadsden unveiled his training camp ethos by wearing navy blue workman's coveralls with the words "Employee 86" on the breast pocket. While some may construe the outfit as a slap at the Dolphins for re-signing him to a minimum-salary contract in the offseason, Gadsden said the purpose is to illustrate his "go-to-work" approach to camp.

"I like that," Wannstedt said when told of Gadsden's coveralls. "I may get one, although he may charge me double. If the guys want some, maybe I'll purchase some."

Gadsden, who owns his own clothing company (Original Gear), said he would be willing to add Wannstedt's motto to his coveralls if a batch order is made.

"That's no problem," Gadsden said. "I'll give him a good deal."

Linked

Back
Top Bottom