English/European Football | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

English/European Football

What’s your thought on Davies? I saw you said you follow him but other than some clips here and there I know very little of him. Kid looks explosive.

He is raw as defender, but his speed is so world class that when he does make a mistake the recovery is on a level that you just don't see at any level of top tier football.

Keep in mind he is only 19.

If he continues to improve as a defender and keeps his speed in the process, he will be widely considered a top left back in football.

What’s your thought on Davies? I saw you said you follow him but other than some clips here and there I know very little of him. Kid looks explosive.
Completely agree with Kdawg's assessment. Davies overall athleticism (pace, strength, balance) is exceptional, and always has been (even when he was 15 years old, he routinely outpaced MLS defenders (grown men)). His technical skills have improved a lot since then too, even though they're still raw. But what has been remarkable is his transition to left back from left wing. He was previously a left winger (although played left back a few times with the Whitecaps), but injuries to the backline at Bayern forced him into the starting left back role, and he has started Bayern's last 23 games in that role. With lots of help from teammates and coaches, he has blossomed - he is arguably the best left back in the Bundesliga, and by extension, a top five world class left back right now.

While he leads the league (or he's close) in giveaways, his tremendous recovery speed almost always results in him winning the ball back. He also is close to top of the league in dribbles, challenges won, key passes/passes for a defender. He has pocketed every right winger he's played against rather easily including Sancho (sorry Dortmund guys :)), Heung Min Son, and most recently Mason Mount. He basically locks down that entire side of the pitch with his speed. To top it off, his humble but carefree personality has won him fans everywhere (including on TikTok). At the moment, I would say (imho) that Dortmund owns two of the best 19 year olds in the world (Sancho and Haaland) and we own the other one, and I'm not sure who is best or who has the highest ceiling, but I wouldn't bet against Phonzie. He has been phenomenal this year. Hopefully you'll get a chance to see it yourself (if you can stop losing games left and right ;)).

Last edited:
Lots of young US players looking to break into first team action. Gio Reyna of course and looks like Sergino Dest could be on the move. But you have guys like Chris Gloster, Richie Ledezma, Alex Mendez, and Sebastian Soto who are ready. Weston McKennie and Josh Seargent are healthy just need Christian Pulisic and Tim Weah to get healthy now.

In other interesting news looks like AC Milan will be bringing in Ralf Rangnick to be coach and Sporting Director. The rumored move has mixed reception. On one hand Rangnick is a genius scout who not only oversaw RB Leipsig but also Red Bull Salzburg and is a great coach. On the other hand it means club legends Zvonir Boban and Paolo Maldini are gone... or Boban is gone and Maldini is likely to leave.

Personally if you take out the club legends leaving I think it's a much needed risk for Milan. The club needs to modernize especially for a future sale. Huge gamble bringing a guy who has never coached in Italy but again is needed. Honestly if the guys leaving weren't club legends I think fans would be excited

Lots of young US players looking to break into first team action. Gio Reyna of course and looks like Sergino Dest could be on the move. But you have guys like Chris Gloster, Richie Ledezma, Alex Mendez, and Sebastian Soto who are ready. Weston McKennie and Josh Seargent are healthy just need Christian Pulisic and Tim Weah to get healthy now.

In other interesting news looks like AC Milan will be bringing in Ralf Rangnick to be coach and Sporting Director. The rumored move has mixed reception. On one hand Rangnick is a genius scout who not only oversaw RB Leipsig but also Red Bull Salzburg and is a great coach. On the other hand it means club legends Zvonir Boban and Paolo Maldini are gone... or Boban is gone and Maldini is likely to leave.

Personally if you take out the club legends leaving I think it's a much needed risk for Milan. The club needs to modernize especially for a future sale. Huge gamble bringing a guy who has never coached in Italy but again is needed. Honestly if the guys leaving weren't club legends I think fans would be excited
Dest may show up at Bayern (according to rumors, he's been spotted at a few games). I've only seen him once - in the last CMNT vs. USMNT game, and I'll be honest - he's a stud. Would love to see him at Bayern (almost as much as I hate to see him play for the US ;) )

I mean let's be honest. The current crop of US men's national team talent is probably as good as we have ever seen. And these dudes are super young. The only real question is do we have the coach to get the best out of these guys collectively.

Played absolutely terrible. I’d love to sit here and blame Dejan Lovren but the fact is the whole team played bad. Now that Invincibles are off hopefully are focus is solely back on advancing in the CL
Welp. So much for that. I'm not sure what to say - was that the triumphant return of parked bus football, or the calamitous failure of poor goalkeeping. Either way, that was just not good. :( I guess we won't get to meet you after all.

Welp. So much for that. I'm not sure what to say - was that the triumphant return of parked bus football, or the calamitous failure of poor goalkeeping. Either way, that was just not good. :( I guess we won't get to meet you after all.

The amount of chances we had in the first 90 we really should have ended it. After that awful mistake by Adrian it was downhill from there. It happens, it sucks, but it happens. Now just finish this off, and win the league. I hope Klopp adds a little more creativity up top to come off the bench in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom