Enough smack! Serious Eagles-Phins thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Enough smack! Serious Eagles-Phins thread

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Smack is amusing for awhile, but it gets boring quick. Some of my fellow birds fans and a few Phins phans just can't get enough :sleep:

In my honest opinion, this game is a tough matchup for both teams...so close that the HFA *might* be the deciding factor. Not that the Eagles don't play just fine on the road, but the Dolphins are much better at home, especially this time of year.

Much has been said about Ricky, the Three Headed Monster and both D's. Everyone acknowledges that Ricky will get his yards against our rather, uh, flexible run D. I also know that our rushing attack (the three RBs and McNabb) is better statistically, even against supposedly top-rated D's like Dallas's

However, we all know here that the Dallas D is a fraud. Even after their last two games (where they gave up 76 points!), they've still given up fewer yards than any other team in the league. However, the Dolphins (and the Eagles for that matter) have both given up fewer points...the Eagles roughly 10% fewer, the Phins about 20% fewer. This is the most important defensive stat, IMHO.

It's really going to come down to how well the QB's perform. The run is important for first downs and clock management, but the passing game will determine who wins, and the key to that is pressure. If the Dolphins D can get to McNabb before he can dump it off and contain his scrambling, the Eagles will be in for a long day. If the Eagles blitz scheme can knock Fiedler (or Griese?) off balance, then The birds will take it.

Originally posted by 1776
Smack is amusing for awhile, but it gets boring quick. Some of my fellow birds fans and a few Phins phans just can't get enough :sleep:

In my honest opinion, this game is a tough matchup for both teams...so close that the HFA *might* be the deciding factor. Not that the Eagles don't play just fine on the road, but the Dolphins are much better at home, especially this time of year.

Much has been said about Ricky, the Three Headed Monster and both D's. Everyone acknowledges that Ricky will get his yards against our rather, uh, flexible run D. I also know that our rushing attack (the three RBs and McNabb) is better statistically, even against supposedly top-rated D's like Dallas's

However, we all know here that the Dallas D is a fraud. Even after their last two games (where they gave up 76 points!), they've still given up fewer yards than any other team in the league. However, the Dolphins (and the Eagles for that matter) have both given up fewer points...the Eagles roughly 10% fewer, the Phins about 20% fewer. This is the most important defensive stat, IMHO.

It's really going to come down to how well the QB's perform. The run is important for first downs and clock management, but the passing game will determine who wins, and the key to that is pressure. If the Dolphins D can get to McNabb before he can dump it off and contain his scrambling, the Eagles will be in for a long day. If the Eagles blitz scheme can knock Fiedler (or Griese?) off balance, then The birds will take it.

Actually the Phins are better on the road this year, they are 3-3 at home

Re: Re: Enough smack! Serious Eagles-Phins thread

Originally posted by wileydawg

Actually the Phins are better on the road this year, they are 3-3 at home

One of those was against the Pats and went into OT. If they had made just one of two relatively easy field goad attempts, the Phins would have won. Another was against the Colts and Miami was within one score of coming back. The third was against the Texans...well, that was week 1 and we didn't look so hot back then, either.

This is a very close matchup.

Originally posted by Section126
TURNOVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something the Eagles/Dmac have not been doing in the last 6 weeks. 1 INT in the last 6 games with 9 td's. and the takeawys have been going the Eagles way as of late also.

While the opposite has been happening to the Phins.

Eagles will get their rush yards.. Tim Bowens is out and the Pats ran pretty well on Miami last week.. I see Miami doing really well defensively against the Eagles..

Offensively, Ricky Williams willl be able to run well.. About 90 yards is what I'm looking for.. Ted Washington broke down every Miami run play last week and the eagles dont have that immovable force at DT like the Pats did.. Ricky will need to run well in order for Miami to pass decently.. The safety will have to be forced to get in the box..

I see another struggle for Miami..

Eagles 13 Miami 7

McNabb= 4 turnovers
How exactly do you figure that? He's only thrown 1 interception in his last 6 games, and I can't recall him fumbling once in that same time. This is silly smack talk...do you watch the games?

McNabb= 4 turnovers

Coming from someone who obviously know what he's talking about. :)

You can say what you want about Dmac but if there is one thing he doesn't do is turn the ball over often.

Originally posted by 1776

How exactly do you figure that? He's only thrown 1 interception in his last 6 games, and I can't recall him fumbling once in that same time. This is silly smack talk...do you watch the games?

Been here all week and the Phins fans are somehow convinced that what happens in the first half of the season has some bearing on how a Team is currently playing.

I just don't get them, kinda like Bucs fans. It must be the water !!

Not all Phin fans have that mentality.
Sounds like 1776 can be a closet Phins fan the way he recalled all the Miami home losses.
It will be great game and I believe that we will be up late on Monday night.
Good luck guys!!!!!

Originally posted by T-Bone
Sounds like 1776 can be a closet Phins fan the way he recalled all the Miami home losses.
Good luck guys!!!!!

Back at you -- Here is to a well played injury free game

Originally posted by T-Bone
Good luck guys!!!!!
Funny you should mention that...ok, I am a die-hard Iggles fan, first and foremost. But when I was a kid, from '69 to late '71, we lived in Dade County. One summer, our day camp went to see the Dolphins practice. I had on my #12 Bob Griese t-shirt, and my little brother had his #21 Jim Kick shirt. After practice, about 30 of us inundated players for autographs.

I was a puny runt, so I wasn't able to edge in enough to get Griese, Mercury Morris's or Larry Csonka's autograph, and Shula wasn't giving out any. I managed to get two autographs of people only a real hardcore Phins Phan would have heard of: Larry Seipel and George Myra. I lost them years ago, :cry:

Eagles fans are the most passionate in football that I've ever seen. Kind of like the Red Sox of baseball, but with a slightly better championship record :cool:

1776 - I agree with you there the Sox fans don't have the luck of the Irish although 80% of them are Irish.
Although I live in New York I've been a Phin Fan since 1974. Czonk, Kiick, Griese, Warfield, Morris. The names of the past.
I was just thinking before after my last post how in the 80's how I used to throw the ball around and w/ my new pony sneakers how I used to look like Ron Jawaorski (I think Jaws was the poster boy for Pony then) and my buddy would be Harold Carmichael because he liked the Eagles (the punk a$$), besides Miami only had the Late David Woodley @ qb. Not Dan the man Marino (the best pure passing qb this league has ever seen).
Damn, I tired from that long stroll down memory lane. Gets further every year.

Back
Top Bottom