EPSN: page 2 Greg Eastrbrooks comment on Taylor | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

EPSN: page 2 Greg Eastrbrooks comment on Taylor

I think this speaks volumes about the entire front 7. Remember if JT is moving around at will, someone has to pick up the responsibilities he is vacating.

It is amazing to allow him to move around based on his instincts etc..... especially considering the many assignments that change instantly just prior to the snap. I wonder how it will be next, year #3 in Saban's defensive system....where everyone has a much better grasp of all the blitzes, schemes etc.

Really what I think it breaks down to is we have a pretty amazing front-7 if we can play a base 3-3 defense, with one loose cannon going wherever he wants to go, and still stop the run and cover people out of the flats.

That's nothing short of amazing.

BLITZKRIEG said:
My favorite quote....

"Joey Harrington has been sacked less in his nine games as the Miami starter than Daunte Culpepper was sacked in his four games."

PHINZ RULE!!!!

heres my favorite one. daunte threw 3 picks in 4 games. plz dont make me put how many joey has thrown.

INTS = way worse than sacks

the fact that our DEFENSE is creating TURNOVERS, and our running game is actuallly DOING something (never had 100 yds with daunte)..... that is what is winning us games. the QB play is still BAD.

SCall13 said:
No worries about JT being defensive MVP. If he continues at his current pace and/ or doesn't completely hit a wall, he will win the MVP award. Playoffs or not. Jason Taylor, a defensive lineman, has single-handedly won a couple of games for his team and has all but single-handedly kept them in several others. No one defensive play stands out like that. And that's what the defensive MVP is. I think he wins it hands down.

Well, players help decide who gets voted in right? I think players around the league know who is the defensive king. There is no way around it. The guy makes a handful of plays every game and one is ussually a game changer/pointmaker. the players who played directly against him cant handle him cus he is everywhere in this defense.

McMichael said:
heres my favorite one. daunte threw 3 picks in 4 games. plz dont make me put how many joey has thrown.

the fact that our DEFENSE is creating TURNOVERS, and our running game is actuallly DOING something (never had 100 yds with daunte)..... that is what is winning us games. the QB play is still BAD.
Good points... they're obvious..... but yeah, most people are completley ignorant. This guy, however, KNOWS what he's talking about. Props to you for watching the games and actually comprehending them. People could learn a few things from ya.

McMichael said:

you were right, until you got to the QB play is BAD. Then you were completely wrong because Joey has improved minus some bonehead plays which every QB makes now and again.

People who are banking on Daunte next year may want to do some serious praying on that because his injury was very serious and he was not the same QB. That is a fact. Now with a better overall team ready to kick some ***, DC can turn his carreer around, but I dont think we will see DC running with the ball a whole lot.

Joey can get the job done just fine so long as he does not throw costly Int's.

I think JT will get slighted and they will give the DMVP to either Merriman or Urlacher because their teams are playoff bound and having great years. :mad:

screwRickyW said:
Greg Easterbrook said this in his TMQ column"

"Dolphins Sack-O-Meter: Joey Harrington has been sacked less in his nine games as the Miami starter than Daunte Culpepper was sacked in his four games. As to Miami tactics, Jason Taylor has switched this season to a hybrid defensive end-linebacker position, similar to the old "elephant" role played by Charles Haley in his heyday. Taylor has been terrific, and if Miami were playoff-bound, would be a contender for defensive MVP. On Sunday, Dolphins coaches reached still further back into the past and let Taylor be a 1960s University of Michigan style "monster man," lining up wherever he pleased. New England blockers clearly could not figure out the rhyme or reason to where Taylor was, and he gave them fits all day. The reason New England blockers couldn't figure out the rhyme or reason to Taylor's movements was that there wasn't any -- Taylor was using his instinct to decide for himself where to line up on each down. Essentially, Taylor was calling his own plays. In the hyper-organized NFL, it's interesting to see that giving a top player the green light to use his instincts worked out really well."

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/061212

P.S. There are also some nice comment about one of our Cheerleaders
From your choice of name id assume your a girl?????:confused:

McMichael said:

shh they don't want to hear that. :wink: our 1-3 record had all to do with daunte and not anyone else.

But I disagree that Joey's been bad.

finfan54 said:
you were right, until you got to the QB play is BAD. Then you were completely wrong because Joey has improved minus some bonehead plays which every QB makes now and again.
what? minus some boneheaded plays? how can you minus boneheaded plays? you have to include those boneheaded plays.

Back
Top Bottom