Ereck Flowers | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ereck Flowers

I don't even think Flowers will be a starter at guard, that's how bad he is. Just a sack of marshmallows like Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner. I'm still high on Michael Dieter and Evan Boehm, whom I think is a part of the team's future as well. Our weakness is at tackle, not guard, since we already addressed the center position. I hope they resist the temptation to take one of these tackles high in the draft though. I think most of the guys will end up being huge busts. The guy I like is Ezra Cleveland and I believe he can be had in the late 1st/2nd.

I don't even think Flowers will be a starter at guard, that's how bad he is. Just a sack of marshmallows like Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner. I'm still high on Michael Dieter and Evan Boehm, whom I think is a part of the team's future as well. Our weakness is at tackle, not guard, since we already addressed the center position. I hope they resist the temptation to take one of these tackles high in the draft though. I think most of the guys will end up being huge busts. The guy I like is Ezra Cleveland and I believe he can be had in the late 1st/2nd.
I don’t think they re signed Boehm unless I missed something. He was a free agent March 18.

This is performance comedy... right?

Combining your unique slant on which players are good with the Olivadotti handle? I lived through the Olivadotti times and his players were... very pale as a whole.

I don’t think they re signed Boehm unless I missed something. He was a free agent March 18.

Yes, Boehm gone, but we could resign him if we get desperate. He won't get much more than vet minimum.

With the free access to NFL gamepass I have been taking a look at good old Flowers, particularly late season stuff, as he acclimated to the position. He is still slow-footed and pulls like ****. Which the RAS helps explain. Personally I think the team was all in on Thuney and wanted Flowers as well to compete for the other guard spot, once Thuney was tagged Glasgow was most likely already going to Denver and Miami was stuck with a Flowers being the key o-line signing.

It is complete **** once again where this team fails to address the o-line. A very mediocre center and an average guard. Good luck rookie QB.

Once Thuney was unavailable, what would you have preferred them to do? This wasn't a great FA Guard market.

Once Thuney was unavailable, what would you have preferred them to do? This wasn't a great FA Guard market.

The team should have been courting Glasgow, they should have brought in 3 more linemen as well..Schwitzer, Su'-Filo, McGovern, Why not make a run at Conklin?

Overall I really liked free agency, but the team brought in 3 pass rushers and 3 special teamers all important pieces and the defense looks loads better, but they shorted o-line.

He may end up not starting at Guard for whatever reason, but your characterization of him as a "sack of marshmallows," and comparing him to Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner (who started all 16 games in 2019 for the Packers after signing a 4 yr 28 million contract with them) means I can completely disregard any of your future posts evaluating players.

With the free access to NFL gamepass I have been taking a look at good old Flowers, particularly late season stuff, as he acclimated to the position. He is still slow-footed and pulls like ****. Which the RAS helps explain. Personally I think the team was all in on Thuney and wanted Flowers as well to compete for the other guard spot, once Thuney was tagged Glasgow was most likely already going to Denver and Miami was stuck with a Flowers being the key o-line signing.

It is complete **** once again where this team fails to address the o-line. A very mediocre center and an average guard. Good luck rookie QB.

Flowers looks fine to me. A side note is that Haskins also doesn't look 1/4th as bad as people say he does.

The team should have been courting Glasgow, they should have brought in 3 more linemen as well..Schwitzer, Su'-Filo, McGovern, Why not make a run at Conklin?

Overall I really liked free agency, but the team brought in 3 pass rushers and 3 special teamers all important pieces and the defense looks loads better, but they shorted o-line.

Fair enough.

From what I saw, they had very specific targets. Was Thuney one of them? Possibly. But if they valued Glasgow over Flowers, I’m pretty sure they could/would have paid what it took to get him.

I have been saying since day one that the 'Phins would only sign one Guard in free agency (I had hoped for Thuney like everyone else). Veteran Tackles are either VERY expensive or fragile (or both) and this is a historically deep draft pool.

By taking two Tackles (and a Center), we will have next to no money tied up in our O-Line for the next 4 years. No money tied up in our QB either (same reason)... and we'll be able to resign any (or all) of our own players who hit the ends of their contracts because of this. We'll have the money to sharp shoot prime FAs for the next several years.

Signing a Costanazo or a Conklin would have been foolish. We'd be paying long dollar for average (and likely injured) return. Worse yet... by the time our offense was actually ready, we'd have needed to replace them.

This WAS ALWAYS THE WAY to build a long-term winning roster.

Right now we are looking at...

LT Rookie
LG Flowers/Deiter
C Rookie/Karras/Kilgore
RG Rookie
RT Davis

Oh, **** me...

So excited to see the Dolphins **** up drafting o-lineman (it is not like we don't have a history) and counting on them to protect a rookie QB. Yeah, let's not go after some proven lineman, spend money and front load contracts while we can so we can give the rook a chance in hell at being successful as a rookie. Nope..we are going to go with the crapshoot of drafting lineman and adding one mediocre unathletic guard.

Right now we are looking at...

LT Rookie
LG Flowers/Deiter
C Rookie/Karras/Kilgore
RG Rookie
RT Davis

Oh, **** me...

So excited to see the Dolphins **** up drafting o-lineman (it is not like we don't have a history) and counting on them to protect a rookie QB. Yeah, let's not go after some proven lineman, spend money and front load contracts while we can so we can give the rook a chance in hell at being successful as a rookie. Nope..we are going to go with the crapshoot of drafting lineman and adding one mediocre unathletic guard.

Kilgore was released.

Miami paid karras fully guaranteed. I’d have to think he’s plan a on the pivot

Miami paid karras fully guaranteed. I’d have to think he’s plan a on the pivot

That makes me nervous...he wasn't very good last year...because I think Davis is in the plans for RT.

Back
Top Bottom