Ereck Flowers | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ereck Flowers

Karras signed for 4 million... back up money. Chump change...

He is plan b. Plan A is a rookie, if we miss getting our target, then Karras is next up. He's average.

I don't even think Flowers will be a starter at guard, that's how bad he is. Just a sack of marshmallows like Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner. I'm still high on Michael Dieter and Evan Boehm, whom I think is a part of the team's future as well. Our weakness is at tackle, not guard, since we already addressed the center position. I hope they resist the temptation to take one of these tackles high in the draft though. I think most of the guys will end up being huge busts. The guy I like is Ezra Cleveland and I believe he can be had in the late 1st/2nd.
Okay Tom, I let the first one slide. To think that we 'fixed' the Guard position is ludicrous, that we didn't need to sign one. Dieter and Boehem both lost starting jobs. I do agree that Tackle is a weakness, but so are ALL the other positions. Signing Flowers was a 'no brainer', he was relatively cheap, he either plays well and starts, becomes depth, or we cut him after a year. You have to both spend a percentage of the money and have enough bodies to fill out the roster. Signing a former first rounder that was miscast at Tackle could be a great signing, a good signing or just, meh, it still fills a 'hole'. I am however happy you have nothing to do with signing our free agents! (Bulaga???)

The team should have been courting Glasgow, they should have brought in 3 more linemen as well..Schwitzer, Su'-Filo, McGovern, Why not make a run at Conklin?

Overall I really liked free agency, but the team brought in 3 pass rushers and 3 special teamers all important pieces and the defense looks loads better, but they shorted o-line.
I agree. I think the draft is heavy offense.

That makes me nervous...he wasn't very good last year...because I think Davis is in the plans for RT.

I’m pretty much planning for karras at center flowers at left guard and Davis at right tackle at this point

Miami should keep some of the cheap vet tackle options on speed dial should they not get it in the draft for whatever reason or find out in camp their rookie pick isn’t ready.

Right now we are looking at...

LT Rookie
LG Flowers/Deiter
C Rookie/Karras/Kilgore
RG Rookie
RT Davis

Oh, **** me...

So excited to see the Dolphins **** up drafting o-lineman (it is not like we don't have a history) and counting on them to protect a rookie QB. Yeah, let's not go after some proven lineman, spend money and front load contracts while we can so we can give the rook a chance in hell at being successful as a rookie. Nope..we are going to go with the crapshoot of drafting lineman and adding one mediocre unathletic guard.

Well if we draft Tua we have the luxury of sitting him a whole yr. We have 14 picks to get OL in this draft. The year after this OL will have a yr of working together. In the meantime we have cuts, trades, etc... Then we have another draft to get what we are lacking for the start of our rebirth with our new QB. A lot of time, resource to get this right. Surprised your usually pretty level headed about this stuff. I wanted Thuney and Conklin, other than that this FA OL class was meh.

I live in Gman land and fans here called him a bust, he was ranked 30th in the league last year at guard for the skins. We paid a heck of lot cash for him, i hope the front office sees something that I don't.

I have been saying since day one that the 'Phins would only sign one Guard in free agency (I had hoped for Thuney like everyone else). Veteran Tackles are either VERY expensive or fragile (or both) and this is a historically deep draft pool.

By taking two Tackles (and a Center), we will have next to no money tied up in our O-Line for the next 4 years. No money tied up in our QB either (same reason)... and we'll be able to resign any (or all) of our own players who hit the ends of their contracts because of this. We'll have the money to sharp shoot prime FAs for the next several years.

Signing a Costanazo or a Conklin would have been foolish. We'd be paying long dollar for average (and likely injured) return. Worse yet... by the time our offense was actually ready, we'd have needed to replace them.

This WAS ALWAYS THE WAY to build a long-term winning roster.

You're saying 3 rookies starting on the OL?

Honestly with only Fitz being over 30, I would welcome Jason Peters especially since he said he will play RT or LT.
Flowers will be the best guard we have had since Incognito left.
Kid plays nasty at guard..
According to his team mates he does not give 100% or put in the work needed. It shows on his tape. Ya this is our best lineman and I hope not our veteran leadership for the oline. He is mediocre.

I live in Gman land and fans here called him a bust, he was ranked 30th in the league last year at guard for the skins. We paid a heck of lot cash for him, i hope the front office sees something that I don't.

He was a bust with the Giants (at tackle).

30th in the league (if that's his actual ranking) at guard with the skins last season is probably way better than the guard play we got, since there are 64 starters plus back ups that get significant time that probably made that list.

Last edited:
You're saying 3 rookies starting on the OL?
Very possibly... this is a rebuilding team that is willing to take it's lumps while it grows.

Both Tackles and Center will be addressed in this draft and all three will have the OPPORTUNITY to start... They'll have to earn it, but if they are 'as good' as journeymen Davis and Karras... they'll move into the lineup... just like last year when Dieter and UDFA Calhoun got the call.

It doesnt matter than they'll screw up early... 2021 is the real target. Anything we get this year
... is gravy.

Very possibly... this is a rebuilding team that is willing to take it's lumps while it grows.

Both Tackles and Center will be addressed in this draft and all three will have the OPPORTUNITY to start... They'll have to earn it, but if they are 'as good' as journeymen Davis and Karras... they'll move into the lineup... just like last year when Dieter and UDFA Calhoun got the call.

It doesnt matter than they'll screw up early... 2021 is the real target. Anything we get this year
... is gravy.

Disagree a little. OL is a position group where vets matter a LOT. I'm not certain Miami will want 3 rookies.

Back
Top Bottom