Ereck Flowers | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ereck Flowers

Disagree a little. OL is a position group where vets matter a LOT. I'm not certain Miami will want 3 rookies.

If I might ask...

Why? Why does it matter? We are not a Super Bowl contender this coming year... so why put off the pain?

I guess I could see it if we were defending a franchise QB... or if our 'veteran linemen' were any good.... but it's Fitz or Rosen... and they aren't.

We can see a rookie LT and rookie Center to compete with Karras.
We can also see rookie RT and swing Davis inside.
But every time we speak Oline, I’m going to mention Trent Williams for a 2021 pick.
Draft a Ruiz or Cush to push Karras/Flowers.
Draft a RT.
Push Davis inside - he can compete at RG

I’m pretty much planning for karras at center flowers at left guard and Davis at right tackle at this point

Miami should keep some of the cheap vet tackle options on speed dial should they not get it in the draft for whatever reason or find out in camp their rookie pick isn’t ready.
This Oline needs lot of help.
In PEN, I would fill in Flowers at LG.

LT: Trade for Trent Williams. We can clear 15 mill off this cap in 4 moves.

LG: Flowers- Dieter backup.

C: Draft Center compete with Karras.
Target: Ruiz at 18 - if top Tackles are gone, Lamb, Jeudy, Chaisson gone- go Ruiz. If not focus #70 for another Center

RG: Davis, Isadora, Draft a Guard RD5. Maybe Brendesen falls

RT: Back to 18 - maybe top 4 Tackle falls. If not target Niang #26, Jones 26 or Driscoll or Charles at 56,70.

This Oline needs lot of help.
In PEN, I would fill in Flowers at LG.

LT: Trade for Trent Williams. We can clear 15 mill off this cap in 4 moves.

LG: Flowers- Dieter backup.

C: Draft Center compete with Karras.
Target: Ruiz at 18 - if top Tackles are gone, Lamb, Jeudy, Chaisson gone- go Ruiz. If not focus #70 for another Center

RG: Davis, Isadora, Draft a Guard RD5. Maybe Brendesen falls

RT: Back to 18 - maybe top 4 Tackle falls. If not target Niang #26, Jones 26 or Driscoll or Charles at 56,70.

I don't see 3 rookies starting (no, you didn't say 3 would start) nor do I see Miami signing any more top FAs. The '20 starting OL will come from roster, future cuts, rookies. The problem is no one knows what Miami REALLY thinks of anyone currently on the roster. If the season started tomorrow, I think Karras, Flowers, Davis are safe bets. Deiter maybe. After that, I have no idea

I live in Gman land and fans here called him a bust, he was ranked 30th in the league last year at guard for the skins. We paid a heck of lot cash for him, i hope the front office sees something that I don't.
Uh oh. Giants fans having something bad to say about a Redskins player? Miami should just cut him right now.

Uh oh. Giants fans having something bad to say about a Redskins player? Miami should just cut him right now.
He was the giants first round pick and he sucked so they unloaded him. I watched him, he was god awful.

"On April 30, 2015, Flowers was selected with the ninth overall pick by the New York Giants in the 2015 NFL Draft.[10] He was the highest selected Miami Hurricanes offensive lineman since Bryant McKinnie in 2002. On June 18, 2015, Flowers signed a 4-year $14.3 million contract with the Giants. He was named the Giants starting left tackle for Week 1 and played in 15 games in his rookie season.

Although he wore number 76 jersey throughout his entire rookie season, Flowers decided to switch to his college number 74 during the spring of 2016 after it was left available with the departure of teammate Geoff Schwartz.

Flowers has been criticized for not living up to expectations through his 3rd year in the league. Since 2015 he gave up 169 total pressures which is the most of any tackle in the NFL during that time.[11] Those stats and his numerous penalties have caused Pro Football Focus to rate him as the 54th best tackle in the NFL.[12] In 2018, former offensive line teammate and NFL analyst Geoff Schwartz accused Flowers of "quitting" on the team, of missing multiple blocks, and of having poor technique"

He was the giants first round pick and he sucked so they unloaded him. I watched him, he was god awful.

"On April 30, 2015, Flowers was selected with the ninth overall pick by the New York Giants in the 2015 NFL Draft.[10] He was the highest selected Miami Hurricanes offensive lineman since Bryant McKinnie in 2002. On June 18, 2015, Flowers signed a 4-year $14.3 million contract with the Giants. He was named the Giants starting left tackle for Week 1 and played in 15 games in his rookie season.

Although he wore number 76 jersey throughout his entire rookie season, Flowers decided to switch to his college number 74 during the spring of 2016 after it was left available with the departure of teammate Geoff Schwartz.

Flowers has been criticized for not living up to expectations through his 3rd year in the league. Since 2015 he gave up 169 total pressures which is the most of any tackle in the NFL during that time.[11] Those stats and his numerous penalties have caused Pro Football Focus to rate him as the 54th best tackle in the NFL.[12] In 2018, former offensive line teammate and NFL analyst Geoff Schwartz accused Flowers of "quitting" on the team, of missing multiple blocks, and of having poor technique"
Oh. You were talking about what Giants fans were saying about him four years ago?

Back
Top Bottom