Erek Flowers Traded to Washington | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Erek Flowers Traded to Washington

jdleddy

Active Roster
Reaction score
According to CBS Sports. For an exchange of late round picks, which have not been announced yet. The move saves Miami 8 Million in cap space.

There is talk of them looking at FA OT's(other than the already signed Fluker I assume)but I am still banging the drum for OT early in the Draft.

I would love Darrisaw at #18(probably gone)and Jenkins seems like their kind of physical type.

Or possibly Radunz at #36.

I like the idea of Hunt sliding to RG.

There is talk of them looking at FA OT's(other than the already signed Fluker I assume)but I am still banging the drum for OT early in the Draft.

I would love Darrisaw at #18(probably gone)and Jenkins seems like their kind of physical type.

Or possibly Radunz at #36.

I like the idea of Hunt sliding to RG.
Interesting. Didn't really see that coming, but the Fluker add seemed unusual. Now that makes more sense.

i don't think they brought in Fluker to start at RT but you never know.

They could look at Vera-Tucker at #18 as well.He can play G and OT.

Last edited:
Not to mention that this brings Sewell into play at #6.

IF Chase and Pitts are gone I would think very seriously about Sewell at #6 and then grabbing E Moore, Bateman or Toney at #18 or after trading down a little bit.I don't think Marshall from LSU is a good fit as he is very similar to Parker.

I keep saying to you guys, Flores does not value receivers like you think he does.......

#6 pick is going to piss quite a few of you off.....unless the board traps them.

----------------
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

To make his trade to Washington from Miami official, OL Ereck Flowers restructured his contract whereby the Dolphins will pay $6 million in a signing bonus and Washington will pay a $3 million base salary, giving Flowers $9M fully guaranteed this year, per
@DrewJRosenhaus
--------------------

Trade doesn't sound as good as this morning to me. This sounds like wasted money from the front office. But whatever, not my money.

Damn we only saved 2 million and grabbed another 7th 😭😭😭
You must think that paying a player 6 million dollars to play for another team is a win.

Also didn't grab another 7th, just exchanged places between two 7ths.

Hard to call the move a win.The best thing that can be said is that he didn't hurt the Cap.

They obviously missed on most of their FA shopping last year but were at least smart enough to structure the deals so they could walk away with no harm done cap wise.

Hard to call the move a win.The best thing that can be said is that he didn't hurt the Cap.

They obviously missed on most of their FA shopping last year but were at least smart enough to structure the deals so they could walk away with no harm done cap wise.
Maybe they were merely viewed as 1 year rentals during the compete tear down?

A legitimate criticism is that while these failed moves did hurt the future Cap they could well have signed better players than the ones they have moved on from.

But that is the danger of making lots of FA moves.Some work out, many don't.I liked the Fins FA strategy this year much more than last, but they did not have as many holes to fill and could afford to be choosy.

But filling your team with FA's in the off season is usually fools gold, It is why people are over valuing all the FA signings the Patriots made. It is likely half of the Pat's new guys will flop with their new team.As well as across the League in general.

Back
Top Bottom