Eric Berry - 1st Round Pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eric Berry - 1st Round Pick

HEDAZHELAS24

The Man with the Plan
Reaction score
I am usually not a trade-up type of guy. I also hate when people just say trade the pick not adding into the equation that it takes 2 teams to complete a trade. BUT this FS concern is a BIG one IMO, and is probably the most glaring need based on productivity last season and the FS on the current roster.. yes even NT and WR. However, ERIC BERRY could solve everything. He is the most ready player in the draft and could be potentially the best player in the draft. Monte Kiffin has already said he is the best player he's ever coached and is a lock for the HOF. I think there has to be teams around 4-8 that would be willing to trade down a couple spots and pick up an extra mid round selection or Ted Ginn for that matter. In trading up, we can get the best player for our team and a first year impact player that could be the next Ed Reed.

Potential Trade Partners: Cleveland / Seattle / Kansas City

Is this a possibility in the back of Parcells/Ireland minds? They seem awfully quiet now after wanting to address the FS position so strongly with Rolle and Clark.

Mock so far...
Round 1 - Eric Berry S
Round 2 - Dan Williams DT
Round 3 - Eric Norwood OLB

I will respectfully disagree with everything you just posted. Eric Berry may be an undisputed day 1 - impact player in the NFL, but not for the Dolphins. We have glaring NEEDS, and while FS is one of them, WR is also (NT and OLB being others) and giving away Ginn to move up the board would only make our already shoddy receiving corps that much worse.

Also, no chance Dan Williams is available for us in round 2. He is projected as our round 1 pick on most popular draft sites.

Parcells is a firm believer in both the "planet theory" and that a defense is only as strong as your front seven. Furthermore, our hiring of Nolan as DC, solidifies the Dolphins movement towards a dominating 3-4 defense, the key to a sucessfull 3-4 defense is, of coarse, a DT like Williams or Cody (who MAY be available in round 2) and fit Parcell's "planet" mold.

--a fascinating little trade possibility (not that I have any serious feelings we will actually trade up or down) is between us and the Giants. The G-men have a glaring need at ILB and pick 15th, Rolando McClain is projected as 12th best player in the draft, we have 12th slot, while we are likely not going to draft McClain after signing Dansby - G-Men may feel McClain may not be available when it comes time for them to pick if teams in the 13 & 14th position pick the best available player, who could likely be McClain.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to Miami get Berry, but there is no way we trade up in this draft. It's deep and the Fins want more picks.

Trade up and get Berry! Then trade next years #1 for Brandon Marshall.

Berry is the only play i would want to trade up for. id be so happy to do so. but i doubt dan williams will be there for our second pick but it would be awesome. and id die and go to heaven if we did that and traded our next years 1 for marshall as previously mentioned.

I am usually not a trade-up type of guy. I also hate when people just say trade the pick not adding into the equation that it takes 2 teams to complete a trade. BUT this FS concern is a BIG one IMO, and is probably the most glaring need based on productivity last season and the FS on the current roster.. yes even NT and WR. However, ERIC BERRY could solve everything. He is the most ready player in the draft and could be potentially the best player in the draft. Monte Kiffin has already said he is the best player he's ever coached and is a lock for the HOF. I think there has to be teams around 4-8 that would be willing to trade down a couple spots and pick up an extra mid round selection or Ted Ginn for that matter. In trading up, we can get the best player for our team and a first year impact player that could be the next Ed Reed.

Potential Trade Partners: Cleveland / Seattle / Kansas City

Is this a possibility in the back of Parcells/Ireland minds? They seem awfully quiet now after wanting to address the FS position so strongly with Rolle and Clark.

Mock so far...
Round 1 - Eric Berry S
Round 2 - Dan Williams DT
Round 3 - Eric Norwood OLB

You guys could and probably should trade up and get Berry. But there is no way you leave the draft with Eric Berry and Dan Williams.

Back
Top Bottom