Eric Crouch wins the Heisman Trophy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eric Crouch wins the Heisman Trophy

Flyin11

Mark Clayton
Reaction score
Well guys...Maybe Dorsey will get it next year ;) :( Congratulations to Crouch though :cool:

Its gonna be funny to watch the Heisman winner be taken in the 6th or 7th round, or not at all.

Will that be because no one thinks he has enough talent?

Out of the four finalists, I think Crouch deserved it the least. He had less than ten TD passes, more interceptions than TD passes, and all he can do is run. Antwaan Randle-El deserved it way more. If Randle-El was on a better team, he would of easily won. He is a better thrower and runner than Crouch. I really wanted Dorsey to win, but there is always next year. Harrington deserved it the most, at least to me, because of all of those fourth quarter comebacks. He threw like 5 interceptions and 23 touchdown passes, and won many games for his team. Rex Grossman had the best stats, but he has all those great WRs. I really wanted Dorsey to win, but there is always next year.

I was watching it too. I was rooting for Dorsey for ya. :( Will he stay another year in hopes of getting it?

If Crouch is drafted, it won't be as a QB. He might be drafted as a safety, like Scott Frost was.

Ok..I'm confused..Is he like a major Slash or something? I mean he played QB...

But Slash can throw too, well at least he can throw a little bit. Crouch can't throw 30 yards downfield, and has awful accuracy.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
If Crouch is drafted, it won't be as a QB. He might be drafted as a safety, like Scott Frost was.

So when did he play safety? That's kind of weird to have a QB be a safety...Sounds like something that you could only do on Madden :p

He would play safety because of his speed. Scott Frost never played safety till he was in the NFL.

Yeah, Dorsey will be back

He's already said several times that he's coming back for his senior season. He broke the QB touchdown record at Miami and he's only a junior, so he's gonna destroy it next year.:cool: Then, he's gonna come and play for the Dolphins!:D (Somebody get this pipe away from me, I'm startin' to hallucinate):goof:

Re: Yeah, Dorsey will be back

Originally posted by Jaydog57
Then, he's gonna come and play for the Dolphins!:D (Somebody get this pipe away from me, I'm startin' to hallucinate):goof:

Yeah...Put down that HUGE pipe of yours man!! :lol: :cool: I would love it if we got our hands on him..Hey, it could happen ;) :D

Crouch may play safety in the NFL, but I'm sure teams will expeirament w/him as a rb and or wr as well. He also will probably play alot on special teams. Mel Kiper Jr talked alot about Crouch in the NFL he expects him to make a big impact for a option qb. He won't play qb, but will add many trick plays to any coaches playbook.

This Heisman was a Joke. Not taking anything away from Crouch, but the best players in college footbal this season were on the other side of the ball. Crouch and Harrington were the only players nominated that may have deserved to be there. I love Dorsey, but he should not have been in NY due to the fact that the guy that deserved the Heisman was on his team Ed Reed was hands down the most important player in college football this season. Grossman should not have been there as well, he put up great numbers, but it was obvious that almost any qb in the nation could have stepped in to that offense, and put up the same #s. The 3 wrs at UF are the MVPs of that team. The other guy that should have made it to NY was the safety from Oaklahoma(due to a current brain fart I can't remember his name). I'm sick of the fact that you have to play QB or RB to even have a chance for the Heisman. College footbal already has an award for the best offensive player it's called the Camp Award.

The safety from Oklahoma was Roy Williams, he was amazing. Also Julius Peppers from North Carolina was great and so was E.J. Henderson from Maryland.

Back
Top Bottom