Eric Shelton | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eric Shelton

dominizzo

CAMERON EARTH WAKE
Reaction score
I think this guy is a sleeper. I bought sporting news magazine and they say hes the next Jamal Lewis. I wouldn't mind drafting Eric. Hes a big versatile back that i think will excel very much. Let's go Nick and draft this guy. With the 2nd overall pick the Miami Dolphins select Derrick Johnson:cooldude:

dominizzo said:
I think this guy is a sleeper. I bought sporting news magazine and they say hes the next Jamal Lewis. I wouldn't mind drafting Eric. Hes a big versatile back that i think will excel very much. Let's go Nick and draft this guy. With the 2nd overall pick the Miami Dolphins select Derrick Johnson:cooldude:
Sorry to say, but that might be the only player who I would be completley outraged if we drafted at #2. Johnson is not worth it.

I'm starting to believe that the BPA at #2 (provided Smith or Rodgers go #1) will be Braylon Edwards. Even though I personallly believe that rookie WR's take time to develop so we may not see the real Edwards until next season. This draft is so deep at RB that the difference between the #1 drafted RB and the #10 won't be that significant IMO.

phinfan2003 said:
I'm starting to believe that the BPA at #2 (provided Smith or Rodgers go #1) will be Braylon Edwards. Even though I personallly believe that rookie WR's take time to develop so we may not see the real Edwards until next season. This draft is so deep at RB that the difference between the #1 drafted RB and the #10 won't be that significant IMO.

I was watching NFL Network today and they was showing this WR thing on there, and it made me realize that we dont really have a big playmaker at WR. By how our offense is passing first now, i think that Edwards would be a nice pick for us.

If we dont go Ronnie/Caddy/Benson in the first i really hope we get this guy, altho it seems unlikley.

I would be thrilled with Shelton if he lasted til the 3rd. I have a feeling though that he'll be gone during the 2nd round at some point but if he falls to us and we take him in the 3rd round it would be an absolute steal. I hope that Saban doesn't put his faith in having a guy like this fall though because I think it's unlikely. Man, I really wish we had a 2nd rounder, this is frustrating as hell.

All thumbs up for Shelton, but he is not what I would call a sleeper he is projected as a second rder just like Arrington and Barber and those other two are better than Shelton IMO.

Does anyone have any highlights of this guy? He would be a good pick in the 3rd IF hes still there..

Eric Shelton goes in round 2.

We don't have a pick in round 2 and are unlikely to get one as Ty Law was simply released.

Eric Shelton
RB, Louisville
NFL comparison: Jamal Lewis, Ravens

Height: 6-1 Weight: 245
40-yard dash: 4.53 10-yard dash: 1.59
20-yard shuttle: 4.08 60-yard shuttle: 11.68
Broad jump: 10-4 225-lb. bench: 18
3-cone drill: 7.44 Vertical jump: 38
Wonderlic: 23 20-yard dash: 2.66

Inside running: Is a straight-ahead runner, at his best between the tackles. Shows good vision and patience. Reads blocks well and has a good feel for cutback lanes. Is powerful and runs with good pad level. Shows a good burst through the line of scrimmage and can bounce to the outside. Grade: 8.6.

Outside running: Has good speed for his size but won't consistently turn the corner in the NFL. Doesn't have a great second gear. Does a good job of bouncing inside runs to the outside and is a load to bring down in the open field. Grade: 7.3.

Blocking: Has good overall bulk and strength. Shows a solid base to anchor against the blitz. Has limited experience and looks uncomfortable when pass blocking. Grade: 6.4.

Hands/routes: Was used sparingly as a receiver the past two years. Hands are adequate. Can catch consistently when facing the quarterback. Routes are inconsistent; has poor feel for reading coverage. Isn't explosive. Grade: 5.9.

Durability: A neck injury cost him three games in 2003. Split carries the past two seasons and hasn't been overworked. Grade: 6.9.

Bottom line: Shelton transferred to Louisville in 2002 from Florida State and sat out one season. He must improve as a receiver and pass blocker, and he has minor durability concerns. Shelton has great size, good speed and is athletic. We hear the Cowboys love this guy and want to put him on the roster as a role player with Julian Jones. Bill Parcells is always looking for a big back to control the clock when he has a lead. Shelton has plenty of potential and looks like a third-round selection.

Dan Pompei analysis
Powerful; is mostly an inside runner. Is impressive after contact. Tested out well at the Combine, but might be a better athlete than football player. Could be a fullback. Needs work as a blocker. Has marginal receiving skills. Transferred from Florida State. Came out after junior season.

Nublar7 said:
Sorry to say, but that might be the only player who I would be completley outraged if we drafted at #2. Johnson is not worth it.

Yeah, I'd throw a few things and say some profane words if we took him at #2. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom