Erik Flowers released? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Erik Flowers released?

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
Former 1st round pick of the Bills Erik Flowers has been released with the signing of Chidi Ahonatu.

I coulda swore this guy was gonna be good (NFL 2k1 swore it too...he always went up to 99 within like 3-4 years). Seems like he battled knee injuries this year and only came up with 2.5 sacks in the 4-3 defense.

Worth picking up? Not really, not with the stable of DEs we've got (unless we've got half a mind to trade one of them?). Chalk up another official, FIRST ROUND BUST. And this one goes to our FAVORITE team, the Beefalow Jills.

That 2000 draft for the Bills might be the worst in team history. As I mentioned in my ongoing Bills news thread, only Travares Tillman-free safety and Leif Larsen-defensive tackle remain from that draft, and the odds are pretty good neither one of them will survive the final cut down. Even if they do survive, they will never be factors on this team.

Well it is interesting that Buffalo admitted this colosal draft blunder. Flowers at Arizona St. never really impressed me much. He was not even close to being as productive as Derrick Rogers was in the same posistion.

Don't forget though, those were old regime Draftees...with the new regime, you don't see any more *&#$ed up Drafts.

When Flowers was drafted, Bills fans everywhere knew that he was basically a bulked up linebacker. We wanted to believe that his measurables (he had an excellent 40 time as a 6'4" 270 pounder) would translate into productivity as a pro. It became obvious that John Butler had been fooled and made a reach pick when the higher rated DEs here gone. The irony is that Buffalo could have picked Darren Howard, who eventually went to the Saints and has had a productive career thus far. The problem was that while Howard was a big defensive end, his 40 yard time was slow (in the 4.95 range). Buffalo was looking for someone who could get to the QB and thought they needed a faster guy.
Oh well, Tom Donahoe and Tom Modrak are among the top pair of talent evaluators in the league. Bills fans don't think they will be blinded by a glitzy time in the 40.

I know what side every team should run the ball to this year against the Texans

Back
Top Bottom