Ernie Els blasts Tiger Woods as 'selfish' | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ernie Els blasts Tiger Woods as 'selfish'

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
clear.gif

So why is Tiger Woods making Friday's big press statement (don't call it a press conference!) right in the middle of the Accenture Match Play Championship? Ernie Els, for one, is not amused.
"It's selfish," Els told a reporter from American magazine Golf Week. "You can write that. I feel sorry for the sponsor. Mondays are a good day to make statements, not Friday. This takes a lot away from the golf tournament."
"It's like Tim (Finchem, the tour commissioner) has lost his head. He wants Tiger back in the worst way and so he lets this go on. I mean, we all want to see Tiger back, but this doesn't look good."
That Ernie, such a quiet one. You never know what he's thinking.

Some are saying that the timing of the State of the Woods address is a deliberate attempt to stick it to Accenture, which was one of the first sponsors to drop Woods when the sex scandal hit the fan. Others say that the timing was necessary so that Woods could beat the deadline to announce that he's playing in the Tavistock Cup, which is played near his home in Orlando in March.

Mark Steinberg, Woods' manager, stopped just short of saying as much in response to Els.
"It's always good to get your information right before commenting. It's strictly a timing issue. There is a very good reason (for Friday) and not do it next week."
But when pressed, he wouldn't elaborate.

http://outofbounds.nbcsports.com/2010/02/post-257.html.php

i have always been a huge else fan i love it and agree w/ him ...woods has always been a fake...

Back
Top Bottom