Ernie Simms | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ernie Simms

Lazy1

The Beer Pong Table of Champions!
Reaction score
Ernie simms isn't the protype LB for a 3-4 defense nor does he appear to be a type of LB that saban has seemed interested in. My question is do you think simms could move to safety? He is a smallish LB with almost the same ht/wt #'s to michael boulware who played LB at FSU before he got drafted by seatlle and moved to safety and has been real successful. Simms is a real nice athlete and i think has the speed and ball skills to play safety.

Lazy1 said:
Ernie simms isn't the protype LB for a 3-4 defense nor does he appear to be a type of LB that saban has seemed interested in. My question is do you think simms could move to safety? He is a smallish LB with almost the same ht/wt #'s to michael boulware who played LB at FSU before he got drafted by seatlle and moved to safety and has been real successful. Simms is a real nice athlete and i think has the speed and ball skills to play safety.

He's going to be 240 by the time the season rolls around which is ok for a 3-4 defense. Also because he can pack on that much muscle on his frame he's at a good weight/height ratio for a LB. Remember Larry Foote is even smaller if I'm not mistaken then Sims and Farrior is the same size.

Jaj said:
He's going to be 240 by the time the season rolls around which is ok for a 3-4 defense. Also because he can pack on that much muscle on his frame he's at a good weight/height ratio for a LB. Remember Larry Foote is even smaller if I'm not mistaken then Sims and Farrior is the same size.
Actually Sims and Foote are about the same size, 6' 235. The difference is in speed. Sims is a legit 4.5 while Foote is in the mid 4.6 range.

Jaj said:
Carpenter at 16? Reachhhhhhh

it is true, he would be a reach. maybe trade down. Im just saying those are the two guys at LB I would love to see in a Dolphins uni

Sims is a 4.4 guy so is easily fast enough to play safety. But at 234lbs, he's going to play LB and despite being 5-11, check his vertical and compare the numbers to say a Chad Greenway. Miami are very interested in Sims, but he might well be off the board at 16 anyway.

Boomer said:
Sims is a 4.4 guy so is easily fast enough to play safety. But at 234lbs, he's going to play LB and despite being 5-11, check his vertical and compare the numbers to say a Chad Greenway. Miami are very interested in Sims, but he might well be off the board at 16 anyway.

You know I wouldn't doubt that so much.

Lawson is currently my pick for 16 barring a Lavar Arrington signing. That Kirwan article was extremely interesting because it seemed like he very best players had the highest scores so maybe there is something to what he says.

Alex22 said:
He has all the skills to but I doubt he will

yo... you cant change your sig AND avatar at the same time... I didnt even recognize you... especially without anything with Vince Young...

simms is the man great speed and vertical compared to greenway 5,11 isnt to short he has the weight and hits like a truck and makes some good interceptions from what i saw

Back
Top Bottom